Why do you catfish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by BIGCATFISH64, Apr 10, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Am asking this question to see, what each of you get from catfishing? For me its a relaxation thing, a time to clear my mind, and actually enjoy life free from stress,a zen thing, and the excitement from catching a few good fish does'nt hurt!:eek:oooh:

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm addicted .:dribble:..I am weak and cannot overcome the power of addiction its better then any booze hooking a biggun and seein it break water on the end of my line....ofcourse there are them other reasons too... like you said:cool2:(LOL) Bro gotta have it !:big_smile_2:

3. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    It is expection you never know what to expect you may have a plan next thing you know you are going tdhe other way. I love it because when i leave Ileave the other things at the door and start on them when i get back. thanks Sam Davis

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Fishing in general is a passion of mine. It's relaxing and it was/is always a way for my dad and I to bond and have a good time. Catfishing in particular excites me, I love waiting on that one hog. Nothing like sitting back, relaxed, and to look over and see your rod doubled over in a rod holder. It gets my heart racing:cool2:

5. shadchucker

shadchucker New Member

State:
    indiana
    Relaxing and recharging, just slowing down and enjoying the outdoors.

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    The Bigger question is "Why would one choose NOT to catfish" :smile2::cool2:

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its the best excuse to sit back, drink a cold beverage, smoke a nice cigar, and get away from the old lady! :eek:oooh:

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Exactly!!!!!:wink::tounge_out::smile2:

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm just weird I guess....It's my only drug. When I fish, I'm on a mission - and I work hard at it. What I don't umderstand is why my wife cross knits and scrap books.... that is wacked! lol

10. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I do it to get outdoors relax and then the excitment happens when you get that fighter hog:smile2:

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Cause DRUGS ARE BAD :eek:oooh::smile2:.

12. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Everybody up there ^ already hit it on the head. Why wouldnt you fish for them. Pound for pound they put up 1 hell of a fight. Better than ANY other fish I have ever caught. That includes the sturgeon I caught last summer & lemme tell ya, that was a fight.

13. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    :smile2::smile2: Ben you better pray that she doesnt ever find that reply!!

by the way ( looking around to make sure shes asleep) I go for the same reasons!

and you cant beat the relaxation.. :wink:

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    because they are the best hitting, hardest pulling, tastiest, biggest, most challenging fish close to home. relaxing some times but often intense too! its a fine mix of lazy and full on assault. lol

the beers arent bad either.

15. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Its in my heart.

16. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I catfish cause its the best way to laugh so hard I cry!!! And if you ever get the privaledge to fish with RiverBuggy4x4 you will know what Im talking about.. He will catch everything but fish and his Famous Catch Phrase is "ARE U (BEEPING) SERIOUS!!!!" You here that, you are in for a great show!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Sorry Tony!:wink:

17. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh is that right shane... Well hopefully I will catch more fish this year:smile2:

18. PrittyKitty

PrittyKitty New Member

State:
    Indiana

haha too funny, but sooo true! what did we do all season last year with out him around?

19. PrittyKitty

PrittyKitty New Member

State:
    Indiana

better get to the river then... gotta catch up with me lol.

20. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I got tired of chucking lures cast after cast and maybe catch afew while be worn out at the same time. Catfish are under utilized as a fish population which means there are more of them and big ones at that! Try doing that with bass fishing or crappie fishing? Bass and crappie are fun to catch but there are too many people fishing for them these days with all of the tournements going on. They are heavily pressured and most do not turn them free to get bigger. Ive caught big bass and a huge crappie but there is nothing like catching a fish the size of buick!!!! The anticipation of a 100lb fish at any moment when your poll is being drug off the boat is a high that can not be matched by any other type of fish that iI have encountered yet.