Why Do You Catfish, If Ya Had To Choose One Reason What Would It Be????!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Aug 30, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Are ya a weekend warrior?

Are ya a tourney guy trying to win some money?

Do you go for relaxation?

Do you simply enjoy spending time on the lake or river with friends or family?

Do you like chasing trophy fish?

Are you simply addicted to fishing period?

I'm sure there are many other reasons why we all fish. I want to hear why you catfish, and why soo much!:wink: rollo

2. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    just being out on the lake and enjoying the fishing with friends and family

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just cause I want to.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    In my case it has a lot to do with having back an leg problems,lose balance ez an falling ,i have fished the ocean for years ,but now i feel safer on the rivers an lakes ,they just don,t get as ruff as the ocean .Tageting cats you still have the chance to get a very nice size fish ,which is why i started fishn for them ,plus the smaller ones taste great too :wink:

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am addicted to catching trophy fish....

Tio be realy honest, if there was not a chance at catching a trophy where I fish I probably would not fish.

Many moons ago, probably 30 years when I caught my first decent flathead of 25-lbs, it ruined me for any other types of fishing.

Before that I used to enjoy just getting out, and catching channel cats or carp.

But the thrill of a big flathead on my line. is so far beyond any other type of fishing, that it dont even compare to me.

I dont even know if I like fishing, but I love catch big flatheads:big_smile:

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Gets me away from people and a chance to catch a big fish.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I'm just addicted to the outdoors, fishing is just one of the many outdoor activities I enjoy. Enjoy every day to the fullest that you are on this side of the grass, life is short.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I might add this, once I caught my first 50-lb flathead, I consider anything else a dink:big_smile:

No, not really...But it does take a fish of at least 30-lbs to get me excited anymore.

In a strange sort of way, I think I enjoyed fishing more when I just took my zebcos down to the river and some worms, had lots of action, and was never bored.

Fishing for trophy fish only can be boreing, but it only takes that one big fish to make it all worth while.

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I fish for all kinds of reasons...but i will not come up with a reason not to fish :wink:

10. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Best stress reliever I know of.

Awful good way to make friends.

Get away from the phones, traffic, crime, etc.

When that fish is on, it's just you and him or her in a battle of tug-of-war.

Seeing the sunset and sunrise, nature at it's purist state.

Have solved a lot of personal issues in my life just by getting out on the water by myself. Best place to truly do some thinking.

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Piscor ergo sum :cool2:

12. cavereric

cavereric New Member

State:
    Austin,Texas
    I stayed out a little to late the other night. I watched shooting stars all night and saw the the sky start to turn from black to blue then to dawn. I started to back up and saw some deer coming down to the lake to get a drink, after I stowed all my gear I sat there for a bit and watched the gar chasing shad. The one reason I catfish is just to get outside and sit by the lake and chill and get away from some very stressful things in my life. Catching fish is a bonus!

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I just love to fish!!!:wink::cool2:

14. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I just love to fish. If I catch fish ,fine. If I don't catch anything that is fine also. same with hunting and trapping. I love the outdoors.

15. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Get away from wife.......................................... No just kidding. IM ADDICTED Im like a crack head except im addicted to fishing not crack:wink:

16. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    It's a great hobby and stress reliever for me. I like to fish for anything that'll bite my hook. Beats sitting around the house.:wink:

17. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    simply addicted to fishing period. I am just addicted to fishing in a whole. I catfish because its more relaxing than most other fishing. I enjoy spending time on the river with friends and family. I like spending time on the river alone. Its a place that washes all my worries away while i am there.

18. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My Dad took me fishing when I was old enough to walk,coon huntin when I was four and I've never looked back.Fishing is a big part of my life as is hunting.I'm now 65 with four grandsons and I've got them all started and they love it.All they want to do is fish.Water and woods are great therapy.Nature is where its at.My plan is to squirrel hunt Tues AM and Flathead fish Tues.night.Thats the problem with being retired,you never get a day off.

19. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish for fun and for practice to get better, every second spent with a line in the water is just more experience and knowlege for me to absorb so that one day i might be addicted to catching trophy catfish (trophy channels, not flats because i have yet to catch one over 2 lbs) hopefully the day will come soon

20. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm addicted to chasing the next pb. I couldnt ever say I do it to relax... I ain't figured out how to do that yet,,, lol, it's all ALOT of work.

If I want to relax and fish, I go Bass fishing (smallies) or find some river crappies!