Why do y'all catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catoon, Nov 2, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    I OFTEN WONDER WHY OTHER PEOPLE CATFISH I DO IT AS A HOBBIE I HAVE DONE IT WHEN I WAS LITTLE I WAS DIRT POOR AND FISHING AND HUNTING WAS ALWAYS MY PAST TIME I STILL FISH ALOT HUNTING NOT SO MUCH

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Fun,relaxation,and peace and quiet.

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Oh,I also like eating fish.

4. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    When I was little I remember my grandpaw seining crawdads (crawdabs according to him) for his trotlines. Me and my dad would go with him sometimes to run and bait his lines. I have seen some big catfish come off his lines and a few big hooks straightend out. That pretty much got me addicted to catfishing at an early age.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    when you hook a 20plus nuttin more needs to be said:wink:

6. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't know of another activity that can be as relaxing as sitting in a boat drifting along with the current one minute and as heart pounding and adrenalin rushing the next after your rod has just bent over.

I fish to relax, for the enjoyment, and for the adventure... Thanks Catoon fore reminding me..

7. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I catfish because being out at the lake (whether I'm in a boat or on the bank) is very relaxing to me, and I get a thrill out of watching the fish swimming around and jumping. But when I got my first catfish, that thing latched on and WHOOOEEEE!!! The fight was on!!! That did it! :)

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    2005 40 inch flathead my pb 30 pounds was caught what a rush rick

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I love to catfish for the enjoyment and the peace and quite on the river and trying to defeat Mr. Whiskers in his on backyard

10. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Although I do eat and keep most fish I catch, I couldn’t agree more with these two guys:

“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.” John Buchan

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” Henry David Thoreau

11. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    I fish for the sport and the love of the catfish...some of my fondest memories as a boy is being in a 14ft flat bottom with my dad chasing those cats.......I didn't no it then but that was when I got hooked.......:wink:

12. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    I do it because it is fun and relaxing. Then to top it off you get to be in great outdoors! My two boys love to go as well so I also get to spend quaility Daddy time with them.

13. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I catfish because its something i love to do, my dad always loved fishing, and still does, and whenever hed get us when i was younger he would take us fishing, and we always had an amazing time. The best part of it in my opinion, is the nature that surrounds you, it just makes you so relaxed, and happy. granted, fishing is fun, and im addicted to it, but, the nature that surrounds me while doing it is still one of the best parts

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If fishin' is so relaxing, why am I so tired when I get home? :smile2: That's what my wife keeps asking me! :crazy: Certainly, there is peace and tranquility, being on the water, but I never seem to be able to relax when fishin'. I WORK hard to outwit Mr. Whiskers. If you are relaxing, you ain't trying hard enough! :wink: Now, back to the question. I catfish to "get away from it all", PLUS, it is a great challenge, to be a SUCCESSFUL catfisherman. If you want to relax, lie by the pool, or walk on the beach! :wink:
    Bill in SC

15. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I love the taste of them. :wink:

16. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Man i catfish because i dont live on the ocean. If there were fish biger than catfish then i would be hoked on them as well. If im gonna eat em they best between 2-3 lbs but those 40+ lbers they are the fishermans crack just once and you are HOOKED. lol. but really i just love fishing i fish according to the season and catfish bite year round, always wondered why they are not game fish, flats eat more live bait than most game fish. But ayways good fishing to all. The best part of fishing is when its just YOUR BOAT out there and you dont see anyone else at all.

17. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    I fish because I love the outdoors and usually hunting season ain't open! I fish for catfish because there are the easiest fish to catch and clean that I like eating. I target the monster cats when my freezers full and I still want to fish. I like to catch all kinds of fish but its just so much better to catch something thats so good eating!!!

18. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I catfish for the peace and quiet, but mostly for the adrenaline rush. It relaxes me to be out there among natures beauty and splendor. But the slightest movement from the rod tip and that calmness is shattered. My heart skips a beat and then starts to race. The only thing that is on my mind is getting the fish hooked and reeled in. When your as short as I am, the fight that a # 30-40 fish has is unbelievable.

19. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Bill, I work at it too, but most of my work, planning, preparation, daydreaming, is done during the winter months, before the upcoming season in the Spring; and then, all the mental work (which was actually fun and entertaining through the Winter) comes to fruitition when I carry out those new things I wanted to try.

I guess it's kinda like an avid gardener that searches through each new seed catalog through the winter to find new things to try and grow.

I agree, it is work to carry it out, but, it's also gives me a sense of fulfillment and is satisfying to me.

20. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Fishing large rivers you never no when the 60+ will light you up:wink: