Why Do People Do This To Themselves?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by channelcat_tracker, May 27, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    here is a post that is as deep as arlington gets. ok here it goes. this whole year while im in 8th grade, i have found more of my friends caught drinking and smoking than i have ever saw. course they are the popular ones and they are kinda my buddies while im stuck at the middle of the social status. well some more 9th graders joined in and started getting high thats what i found out. well i dont like to hear stuff about that because i am against drinking and smoking and other drugs like marajuana. the only time you see me drink is at church with the holy blood and on spring break with a 2 ounce glass of wine for dinner. but these guys were just stoned and trashed beyond belief. why would anyone want to do this when they promised their parents that they wouldnt want to do that? why do they want to do that to their bodies like that? one more thing how did people discover marajuana and alcohol? it just makes me sick to see people doing this to themselves. they are the newcoming generation and we need to have smart healthy people like i myself. i have had friends who drank and got high and ended up either gettting caught and going to jail or getting in a wreck and killing themselves!

i dont know what they think about themselves. either a low self esteem or just cant take all of the stress. i do partake in our SAAD program and i want to become more involved. please post your comments and let me see what you guys think!:sad2:

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I think it's more or less just to fit in with the so called cool people. How dumb can you get these people are considered cool.

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Tony! You are one very smart person. The reason why they are doing all that stuff is because they are not wise, but you are and it sounds to me like you will be successful in what ever you chose to do!

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Just don't get a "plastic fish" like arlingtons!:lol:

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They must definetley have a minus sign in front of their maturity. Definetley not a positive - maybe they will live through this age. Didn't Darwin have a theory about that?

6. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    I know what you mean Tony, I was never one of the cool ones but I believe I have lived a blessed life because of that. I have had family and friends fell into that mode of trying to fit in so much that they just loose prosective on what is really happening. They just do not realize how much they hurt those around them. We can only love them and hope they wake up one day and realize what is really going on and come around. Good luck on this one.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Amen Tony, you're not alone brother! It's the same in the schools around here, a darn shame too. I can't tell you how many people I know have got killed in cars by drinking and driving or getting hit by a drunk driver. One thing I never give in to is "Peer Pressure" that is how many students, teens, get wrapped up in the drugs and alchohol. For some reason the way to be cool around here is to drink or use Drugs. If that's the case then I guess I just wont be cool. Just like you, a few people that do that kind of stuff are sort of my friends, I don't hang out with them or anything though. I think fishing is about the best thing that all the young people could do these days. One thing I tell people that offer me drugs or Alchohol is "I've got better things to do then get in trouble or get killed!" and that's very true, I go fishing, and it keeps me out of almost all trouble. Keep the same outlook Tony, things are only getting worse around here, sad but true.

Zakk:sad2:

8. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    involvement...parents must be involved in their childrens life. Talking, be straight foward, talk to your kids about drugs, and sex. Participation, take a kid fishing, hunting, camping, shopping, whatever it takes, anything that will open up or expand your relationship. Participate in their life, let your kids know you are interested in their interest.

9. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Tony you soundlike you are on the right track! Keep it up. Don't let anyone push you into anything. "Peer Pressure" IT will get harder to resist. It was when I went to school in the 60s and 70s and I think its worse now.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think it has always been bad, but it is getting worse.
    You just stay the way you are and don't get involved with those types Lil'Brother!!!

11. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    Ill admit ive dranken alot on weekends throughout high school, not sure if it was peer pressure or what. Most of the time it was just to cut up with my buddies while we could not havin any responsibilities. A few of my friends did get caught up drinkin and abusing everyday and going to jail, but you also gotta realize its basically a disease, no different from cancer or schitzophrenia. Although they did bring it upon themselves alot of people that have these problems have bad home lives or negative self images, i know of a few friends who drink and do drugs with their parents, they just dont know any better. I do agree its best to stay away from them and set a good example, but invite them fishing and help them out, cause alot of times nobody else is.

12. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Man, I know how you feel, I'm 15 years old and it's the same way were I go to school. I took some of my friends that had did that stuff before fishing and they loved it and know they pretty much cleaned up.

13. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am also in 9th grade. I know alot of people that do drink, get high, and much more at their age. They dont realize that they are killing themselves why trying to be "cool." I have no friends that do that and am happy I am not in that situation. I will never do that to myself. Dont let anybody pressure you into doing it either. Great Post channelcattracker. If you have a friend that wants to pressure you into doing drugs and drinking or having sex, then they are not your friend at all.

14. Pillpeddler

Pillpeddler New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tony, I hope my boy shows as much good sense in a few years. Your pals don't realize that doing the things they're doing won't make them adult-like. It will make them foolish, sick the next day and could make them dead. Be a light to them and keep up the good work. Things aren't abusive, people only abuse things.

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Yea Tony - just like my Buddy J.W. (Dreadnaught) said - it sad to say, but it's gettin worst :sad2: . And just think - this is the furture of this country?:roll_eyes:

You just stay like you are, so when my Grandaughter grows-up there will be more people like yourself in this world. :big_smile:

Your a smart & good young man to see that it is not cool.

They are just killing themself slowly. :confused2:

"Why"!!!!!!:angry:

You take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

16. Angelcat

Angelcat New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    They are many reason for people to do bad things, But I just pray they see the light and get to know God so they can be set free from there problems, and if you know a person like this, you just plant the seed and the rest is up to the person and God to make the seed grow into a beautiful :smile2: flower.

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have also noticed that there is a self-destructive trend going on with todays youth. I will elaberate a little, Drugs, Alchahol, body modifications( like piercings in the Eyebrows, nose, tongue, lips, cheeks, bridge of nose, belly button and god knows where else) and tattoo's of things that later on in life they will have to explain to their grandkids what it is and why they got something like that put on them in the first place.
    I don't understand it either!!!

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, that's another thing I just don't understand. Very stupid, why do they do it?????:confused2:

19. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Tony, man, I feel you big time. Two of my best friends/fishing buddies all they want to do is get high. And the school I go to isn't any better. Everybody there is into the gettin high/drunk all the time. I can't wait to get out of high school, there it's all about gang banging, getting high, and trying to act "hard" all the time. Luckily it's finally summertime and all I've got to worry about right now is finding a summer job, fishing, and scouting the ladies haha. But it's a very hard subject to deal with, it's hard to help any of these addicts because they don't want the help, all we can do is pray that they will come to and accept help someday.

20. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That's true Clifton, but around where I live, it's more of a money making thing. Most of these drug dealers around here give out free samples, and the kids love it and keep coming back. Drugs have really messed up some of the neighborhoods close to my school. My buddy that lives a few blocks from the school says most of his neighbors sell or do drugs and roll around with guns in their cars. I get real sick of my so called "friends" that always try and get me to go out and get high with them all the time.