Why did I move back to Ohio??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Mar 29, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    All right .. someone give me a quick boot in the butt ... Was at Buckeye Lake by 8:15 AM this morning ... Left the house it was 26 degrees and no wind ... shortly after I got there the wind kicked up and I mean really kicked up .. making white caps over a foot high on the lake ... I managed to endure for 1 1/2 hours thanks to a couple of very large Cottonwood trees I could stand behind out of the wind ... One bite no fish ... almost frostbite on my fingers ... at my old place in Florida right now is 76 here .. 36 WC 26 .... I must have a short circuit someplace in my brain ....... Garry- :eek:oooh:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Most people leave OHIO behind for a reason, very few forget what it was, LMAO!!!

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Garry, the worst is over. We will have a Frost warning later this month, but last night was the coldest night of the rest of the spring. So come on out of your shell Sheldon, and start catfishin for real lol.

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I was the only fool out there fishing this morning ... no one else showed up until I was pulling out of the parking lot ... You can't fault me for not trying ... :wink:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the other day when i was crappie fishing i was the only one out there, had a few stop to see if i was doing any good... and i was... two days later, i go go back to see about a half a dozen vehicles all fishing the side i was on previously...coincedence? lol... i know it wasn't... them are the things you deal with quite often...and everyone wonders why im the way i am about locations.....im heading out here in a bit to hit some flooded areas, i will let you know how it goes later....rollo......................can't catch em' from the couch!

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Where exactly will you be at Rollo :smile2:

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Jason the wind is coming from the predominantly from the east and a little north ... try and find a sport that is settle from that direction ... if nothing else you might stay warmer .... Garry-:big_smile:

8. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Gary, the best place to get into action on Buckeye from the bank is Mud Island,off the front,as far out as you can throw,there is a stump bed out there that the channels hold on untill warmer weather,if you are going out in your boat,try around journal island and onion island on the sand bottom in 6 to 8 ft of water

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I want to wish ya luck with your move

10. tacraft61

tacraft61 New Member

State:
    Powell, Ohio, U
    i moved back from fla. not all that long ago and have kicked myself ever since.but home is where the heart is and despite the crappy weather iwouldn't trade it for nothing:big_smile:

11. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Well tacraft ... that is why I can back ... this is home ... now just have to get used to it after 29 years ..... Welcome home ....... Garry- :wink:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    your right garry, it may not be Hawaii...but this is home! rollo

13. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

I'll drink to that ......... Garry- :wink::eek:oooh:

14. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    well gary at least you got to meet up with all these other fishin nuts :wink: ill be out tonight and prolly tomorow too

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ohio is unlike other states...We have winter, and summer....Summer is July and August, the rest of the time it's winter.:angry:

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sunny florida sounds good to me !!! :smile2:

17. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Yep ... that is for sure and it has been all my pleasure .... I could have taken the 28 degrees this morning if it hadn't been for the 15 to 20 mph winds thrown in there for additional punishment .... Garry- :eek:oooh:

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    don't feel bad garry, i made it a whoopin half hour or so... this cold has me beat... I will be there tom. but not early im affraid. rollo

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Gotta remember the march saying," in like a lion, out like a lamb." Well gotta give a few day's here or there.

20. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That's twice you said that, LOL!!!!