Why aren't we posting ? ? ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Phantom309, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Phantom309

Phantom309 New Member

State:
    Titusville Florida
    So what's up ? Why don't any of you guys post about your fishing trips ?
    Perhaps you're like me, been after fish other than cats ?
    I have been Crappie fishin and caught a few cats, but, not really anything to brag about.
    We need to keep our "Fla message board" active or we might find it "gone".
    I'm sure someone is catfishing somewhere out there.
    Sure looks like a sad state of affairs for the Fla message board.
    I'm making an effort, how bout ya'll ??
    Danny

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm sure Swampy will chime in. Hes a Florida guy with a ton of good info. If there is anything going on i'd say he'll know.:smile2:

3. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    danny ive thought the same thing does any body fish out there or is it still deer season? well ive been doin a little fishin , nov. and the ohio river has been good to me this month nov 4th i landed an 80 lb plus fish .and have managed to stay with them so far . 30s thru the 80s and lots of small ones, real hard take downs really couldnt miss em, but this week end i noticed they are not hittin as well you really had to work the fish ,lite bites, but i did manage to land a good one sat nov.24th 07. this fish bit like a small channel cat, i was suprised to feel the other, end i never would had emagined it would be this...... check it out. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zak2Fy9CCFs

STEVE

4. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Very nice fish. Makes me want to get up there on the Ohio River

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Thanks for sharing Steve. Thats one nice cold water blue.

6. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    I would love to go to Florida to fish the salt flats! I guess that has nothing to do with catfish but of well!
    Linz:wink:

7. Phantom309

Phantom309 New Member

State:
    Titusville Florida
    Awesome Video Akwa-Lung1 ;
    Yeah, appreciate you guys comin aboard,
    Perhaps I'm a little down, very seldom seeing a Fla fishin report anymore.
    Been meanin to do an exclusive cat fishin trip, but just get caught up in the crappie (can do both, at same time, etc).
    Anyway, don't pay me no mind, I didn't even get a chance to get out this
    Tx'givin weekend (four days off) (Ole lady & me goin at it).
    Have a nice day,
    Danny

8. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Close around me the river is almost dry and 3 lakes are so low I cn't even see the water from the boat landing. It is 60 miles to the nearest good catfishing hole now.

9. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Thats exactly the problem. The Trout,Flounder and Redfish are hitting so good the cats are getting a rest. It's so bad ya gotta go behind a tree to bait your hook. Sea Trout were taking numbers and standing in line to bite.
    Only trouble is the wind has been 15 to 25 mph. That makes for tough fishing from a kayak...

10. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    danny i know the feelin so heres anther post for this will make you feel better but this is for your eyes only, i dont want to give any wives any more ideas. my wife and i were not seeing eye to eye on my fishin her first attempt to sabatage me, was a tournament nite ,i get to the river and there no key to my boat hmmm.... luckly i had a spare but i didnt let her know i was able to fish .the 2nd attempt was the dusy. my wife weight snot much more than a bisciut but was some how able to go to the hardwhare store purchase 3 80lb bags of concrete and dump all three bags into my batt. bilge comparment covering every thing this prolly would have made most dudes mad but i had to laugh, heel of a note but we have since patched thing up and dont mind me fishin now. so like they say theres nothing worst than a woman scoured

11. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    i got a few small cats im still trying to find them here in ocala fl so far not likeing florida catfishing ? im still in love with the old mississippi