The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Iwrote a story for the paper about that subject and got nasty letters all the way from CAL! Course they complain about everything! All I said was, On the average Women only make fair to middling fishermen!

Some of you may remember the MAD BOMMER, former qutarback for the Raiders (Darrel Lamonica?) Anyway he was fishing the PRO bass Circuit for awhile BOOOOOOOO and he was teamed with a female at one tourni. Needless to say sooner or later they both had to go potty abd Darrel suggested going to shore to take care of business.

"ARE YOU NUTS?" was her reply.......We'd loose to much time. I'll turn my back if you'll turn yours and from then on that had a blast fishing together. I would think that could be part of the reason so few women fish but their numbers are expanding rapidly the same applies to hunting! Next thing you know Dano will take up knitting LMHO! What's that, knit 2 pearl 1 shoot I'll never get it right! Later, Poppie

·
Registered
687 Posts
Tim, I know that feeling all to well. She was rubbin it in good til i lucked up and landed a 24. Only for her to catch that 17 right after.

Mutt, do like i do. I been trying to get my wife to learn to back the boat down for the last year. Which i'm gonna take her to a parking lot before we go out next time and let her have some time to get used to backing up on the lines. Shes tryed it seems a dozen times. She gets impatient as i can't help but laugh after 30 minutes or so of up and back down, up and back down. I've heard a parking lot is a good place to start so we'll try that here next time. LOL

C

·
0 Posts
back before we retired and we were fishing a lot of tournaments she would
catch a cat and have me take out the hook,well she was a 24 year surgery
tech making about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ a year so i had to protect those hands
no matter what it took,now that she is no longer working i tell her take it
off your self,im busy.as far as women taking care of there business while
fishing,a tupper ware bowl has the good fishing SEAL OF APPROVAL.if you
remember that post you will know what i am talking about. :eek:
KIRK :D

W

·
0 Posts
Took me almost 10 years to get my wife started fishing, but man once she started I can't hardly keep up with her. She is getting to where she outfishes me and she can stay up all night fishing while I end up falling asleep about midnight in my chair, lol. She has gotten to where she will take the kids out fishing without me sometimes not even asking me if I want to go if I am asleep or have to work that night. What an outrage, lol.

She has her own rods now and her own tacklebox, and is now even wanting a flyrod. I also caught her feeding my worms yesterday and talking about getting a job so she can save up for a boat, lol.

I have had her on the B.O.C. a time or two and I thought she was going to go ahead and register, but she never has. I think if she knew there were a lot of other women on here, she would go ahead with it. It might help too, once I can afford to get our cable internet access back as all the time she spends waiting on this dial up she would rather spend fishing.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
willisjj said:
Took me almost 10 years to get my wife started fishing, but man once she started I can't hardly keep up with her. She is getting to where she outfishes me and she can stay up all night fishing while I end up falling asleep about midnight in my chair, lol. She has gotten to where she will take the kids out fishing without me sometimes not even asking me if I want to go if I am asleep or have to work that night. What an outrage, lol.

She has her own rods now and her own tacklebox, and is now even wanting a flyrod. I also caught her feeding my worms yesterday and talking about getting a job so she can save up for a boat, lol.

I have had her on the B.O.C. a time or two and I thought she was going to go ahead and register, but she never has. I think if she knew there were a lot of other women on here, she would go ahead with it. It might help too, once I can afford to get our cable internet access back as all the time she spends waiting on this dial up she would rather spend fishing.
Now that's a great wife! Tell her to sign on up and help out the minority on here. I have dial up with Netzero and it doesn't take 30 seconds to get online and moves great for me. I only pay ten bucks a month. Hope this helps. Check it out.

W

·
0 Posts
Thanks Cheryl. We were using netzero too until very recently. I am now using 30 days of free People PC as we are moving and I am cutting back on the bills. Once we get settled in again in Oklahoma we may try to get cable access again or we will go back to netzero. I will get her on here again soon, she even has a pretty nice flathead picture to use in her profile (unlike me, lol).

C

·
0 Posts
i will have to complement my wife on her fishing ability,when she gets
in the zone she is very good.as far as putting the boat in the water
she is great,i have heard people tell her how easy she makes it look i dont
even try it anymore,and last how many of your wives will give up her
crisper drawer so you can keep 500 nightcrawlers in it?not to manny i bet.
KIRK :0a20:

·
Banned
13,712 Posts
capt.kirk, I remember your tupper ware bowl post. That was funny.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Fatkat said:
Maybe its because the women should be home cooking and cleaning.
(just kidding ladies) :p
This could be why I'm no longer married! lol

Yeah...that's a good assumption. :glare:

Maybe we should just be cooking and cleaning the fish we catch. :p

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
319 Posts
I know this is an old thread. But, in 2005, I was dragging 53’ trailers around the country, carrying freight from coast to coast, etc.

And now that I’m retired, I can fish.
Also, I have a few things to say on the matter of the ladies fishing.
So, here goes:
I love seeing them out there. 😀
At Lake Overholser last year, there were quite a few that I would see from time to time. And without a man to distract them besides. They would catch fish when none of the guys were. Baiting their own hooks, removing the fish from the hooks. Heck, they were doing it all.

One day, both grandsons and I were fishing and a family (dad, mom, and two little girls , maybe 5 and 7) showed up at the dock where the boys like to fish. The funny thing is, ofthe 7 people there, only two caught any fish.
You guessed it. The two little girls, between them, caught 8 good sized bluegills and two smallmouth bass !!
Philip, the younger of the grandsons, looked at the largest bass the 5 year old caught, looked at me and said, “Brat.” 😀😀😀

·
Registered
70 Posts
my wife always goes fishing with me she is my fishing buddy. she can bait the hook rig her poles take the fish off clean the fish she does it all. there are times she outfishes me and times i outfish her we dont care we just enjoy the quality time toghter. she is one of the best trout fisherpersons ive ever seen and can catch a large mouth with the best of them. cats she loves to get too but is more of a trout and basser. now if i could just teach her to back the truck and trailer down the ramp so i dont have to go walk for it lol.
A helpful hint on teachin her to back a trailer is to have the trailer straight behind the truck to start , have her put her hand on the bottom of the steering wheel , then moving hand to left turns trailer to left , right it goes right.
Number 1 thing to remember is DON'T SAY ANYTHING , unless STOP!!! is required.
Once took a girl who worked in a local baitshop fishing at a lake close to 90 miles from that baitshop. She wanted to learn to back the boat in and thought that far from home nobody would know her. After the fifth attempt to get the boat to the water , 6 guys were hollering her name and laughing up a storm at the top of the ramp , they were all from her home town. She never tried again. Still would fish with me but never back the boat again.
Good Luck and have fun whenever you can.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Wife likes to go sometimes. Likes fishing for flatheads. Has fun if the white bass or Mooneye are active. She even likes to snagging. She also likes to hunt. Kinda got lucky.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts