Why and does it work?

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by bhunt, Oct 14, 2006.

1. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Just wondering if someone can tell me why soured grain works for cats. I have always heard that cats cant smeel the same things we can because smell in water is knot the same as smell in the air. Also I have heard that grain doesnt have to be soured to work it just has to be water loged first so it will sink. Just wondering I was going to try some chumming. Thanks for any info.

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    this is a real debateable subject, that ultimately probably would have to be settled by biologists. I certainly aint no biologist and know very little about the human body, but i bet we have something in our nostrils that picks up chemicals in the air and sends signals to our brain that interprets these signals into what we know as smell. I think catfish's whiskers do the same thing in the water.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That the entire body of a catfish is one big nose not just his whiskers.The same question goes for why would they go after canned gravytrain dogfood?It has to be some kind of a scent,this is the very reason why I questioned a few posts back what about french fry and hamburger greese,no not a huge barrell of it was just enough to create a scent trail????:tounge_out:

4. matt_k_a

matt_k_a New Member

State:
    texas
    if a couple people could expirement we would know the answer.any vollenteers