Whuppin stick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by jboy434, Jul 26, 2007.

1. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
  2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i got my son one of them and he wanted the 8 foot medium action
    after useing it for a few trips he doesnt like it as well as he thought he would
    because the tip is very slow action ( whippy ) .
    i traded him an ugly stick and i use the whuppin stick for channelcat action useing a slipbobber/circle hook setup .
    that tip lets em hook theirself every time , i love it !!!!
    i would like to get a heavy action one to see if the tip is less limber.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have the WSSM70-2 7'0" Action:M Line wt.6-15 lb. HO6.It was sent to me by a very special friend on the BOC and I treasure it.It is a great rod whether with a Open Face reel or a Trigger spin as I now have to use most often.I love it and wish that I had it 50 years ago.Bream and frying pan Cats are what I use it for,but it handles 4-6 lb.Bow fin great as does everything I fish with.That is one fish that I can always count on.Yea!But what a challenge for this old cripple!Now the biggest challenge for me is releasing it unharmed without it harming me.I always bleed more than the fish and sometimes for hours.Yea!You gotta love and respect anything that fights like that!A great rod that that absorbs,forgives and makes up for what I now lack.Yea,we are a team.That rod looks after me.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. DaveHufford

DaveHufford New Member

State:
    Washington
    Whuppin Sticks are a good rod. I have three and fished with them for three years now. One 7' and one 9' casting rods, and one 10' spinning. Durable because they can withstand me.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Some folk seem to be using the front Cork rod grip to tighten down and loosen the reel seat grip as it rotates with the "twist lock" part of the seat.Natural Cork of any kind will not take this abuse!Use the black "Ring" that the cork seats against.Some are busting the Cork and blaming their actions on the rod as some will always do.I would like to see it knurled,but as many use such and the crushing of aluminum beer cans to prove their manhood?It just might be a bad idea.Even us wimps can tighten it as tight as it needs to be.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee