Whose going to Clinton Lake this weekend?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by goingfishin, Mar 7, 2008.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I am going to try to get out and go to the lake this weekend. So who all is going out?

2. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    i,m sure i'll be their on sunday sometime the fishing is going to be pretty slow with this big cold blast we are having today but looks like the weather is going to warm up and fishing might turn on next weekend

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    im game for clinton this weekend. we dont have the boat yet its still up north. what day & time cuz i'll have to get there early to go to the spillway to get some shad. last week there was a fair amount of near dead walleye floatin through by the rapids down stream. if i get my waders i can probably get a few dozen down past the rapids out of the bushes in the river. let me know.

4. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Jason I am going Sunday afternoon and have one open seat in the boat if you want it. I will leave Topeka around noon or so.

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    cool, i was goin to try to meet up w/ Keith in KC but a po boy like me cant exactly afford the licences for MO trout right now.

6. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hi Toy, I was at Clinton today (Sat 8TH) still had ice on the lake in a.m. By mid afternoon ice was mostly gone. I had problems finding live shad but managed a 9lb hybrid in my cast net and a few good size shad. Fished for about three hours and only had a couple of small bites. I plan on going back on Sunday and starting were I left off. Are you going to fish with Virgel on the 15th and have you been doing any good this spring?

7. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks for the report ryan. i haven't been fishing yet this year but i will see you on sunday out their in the afternoon. fishing should improve with the warmer weather this week so i will probably go a couple times though out the week to get a better idea of where to fish on saturday. no, i'm going to fish it with my brother but virgil said if the weather is nice he will be up their.

8. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Where on Clinton were you using your cast net to catch shad? How deep were you throwing your net into to catch the shad?

9. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Next Saturday how many pounds will it take? What will be big fish??

10. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I cought my shad in 15-20 foot in the timber on a submerged point. The shad seam to be holding on points that are formed from two creek chanels connecting. As far as pounds needing to win, I would say at this time not much. The bit is very slow! With the weather that is GOING to happen it SHOULD get things happening. If that is the case it will take (depends on how many fish Mr. Diebal is going to let us weigh in) in 10 fish 30lbs with big fish going to be about 10-12. But that is just my guess. I fish the lake alot in the summer it has alot of big flatheads but they won't come into play this early in the year. I would love to see a night tourney on the lake in July to early Oct. Weigh in would be interesting. Hope to see You on Saterday and good luck!

11. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Did anyone make it out on Clinton and did anybody do any good? I struggled this weakend with only a few small bites. I am going to let it warm up a few days and go try it again on Wed. good luck all!

12. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Ryan,we went and i think we passed you while you were talking on the phone.i did'nt put 2 and 2 together till now.our day sounded just like yours,got bit plenty but no chicken dinner.im gonna have to play hookie one day this week to get a gameplan:smile2:

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    C.J. & me were there, he caught 2 and i finally got one at the end. all 3 were bout 2 lbs. +/-

14. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The only fish I cought was after you had past. When I was on the phone I thought that I would try to catch a white Or hybrid. That is where I cought the 9lber in my net on Sat. I talked to the other boat up river (Junction city folks) said they are going to fish on 15th but had not had any luck! I hope things shape up before the tourney, it might boring if not! I hate to see them won with one or two small fish. Unless it is me that is!

15. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good going! That is the best I have heard all weak! If you don't mide me asking, did you catch them shallow or deep. Fresh shad or bank shad?

16. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    all shallow, frozen shad from the other day

17. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Troy did you get out this weakend?

18. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    i didn't make it on sunday but i will be out there monday afternoon and will see what i can figure out. i will give you a report tonight but it sounds like it won't be very good if there is ice still in the coves hopefully we get them 60's in the middle of the week to put some spunk in their butts.

19. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I know you fellows won't care much, but the crappie fishing was also poor Sunday.

C.J., good to visit with you again. So was that the Mighty_Thorr with you? If so, nice meeting you J.J.

20. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Naw, I care about that stuff. It shows that spring is starting to wake up
    around here. Besides, crappie taste pretty good, too.