who's the Monroe pro 'round here

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by drpepper, Oct 16, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm surprised no one pipes in about Monroe reservoir hardly at all around here.... That might be a good sign:confused2:

I'm ready to hear some stuff about blues, flatheads and walleyes from somebody that fishes Monroe regularly....

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I guess that would be me..

For flatties at monroe you have to do a whole lot of driving in your boat wait for it to get dark and chilly with a steady wind... then drive your boat directly into the wind with the water splashing into your face to the point you really cant see much... then as soon as your boat runs out of gas, anchor down there. and there you will find some flatties..

I hope this helps...

Any other questions ( like gas, marinas, or even shad ) just ask Angie (I beleive that was her name ) at the local DNR office she would be more then happy to assist you about areas of the lake...:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: :smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    okay... that was funny:smile2:

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    thought you might like that..

We need to get out there again though.. I know there are some blig blues in there.. there has to be

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah but nobody talks... and while is not like the 170,000 acre Santee it's STILL over 10 acres and @80-100 bucks a trip I want to talk someone that fishes it often... I've never heard of a big blue coming out of there. That reservoir is only as old as I am and blues would have had to have been put in there by someone somewhere along the line. Flatties would have come from salt creek naturally from day 1. The S.R. Flathead is in there... thats a fact.
    I've heard good report on walleye, bass and channel though, but, those fish don't mean near as much to me as a monster reservior flattie.
    My biggest reservoir flattie is only about 20# if that.

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    sounds like we need to have a gathering on monroe.. just to find some fish for dr pepper... not that any of us would be interested in fishing new waters, or meeting other members, we would just be doing it for DP:eek:oooh:

7. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    im sure you know more about monroe than i do, but ive heard east of 446 is your best bet for flatties... thats about as detailed as i can get

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That might not be a bad Idea at all.... better hurry though!

9. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    i heard that!!! is there anywhere we could get one started at manroe? i know there are several ramps, but how many campsites? and how much?

10. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I just went to Westside and stocked up. I'm ready to take on any body of water now. :smile2:

11. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dunno about campsites... just pull up to a secluded shore and pitch tents for free.... I ain't got that much Daniel Boone in me though lol.

GO AHEAD... fire up a Monroe fishing tourny or get together thread or something... see what happens.

12. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    just posted one in local indiana talk.. lets see what happens

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The lack of interest in Monroe reservoir is curious:confused2:

I know there's more big cats in there then you can shake a stick at.

14. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    well,you boys want to come down to my neck of the woods to play in monroe hu. I havent fish it for awhile but there are big blues in it,bigest i have seen is 68ibs as for flats they are all over i catch them more in june,july walleye you can catch trolling up bye the causeway hope this helps:wink:

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    THATS RIGHT! You do live 'round there don't-cha? I havent met ya yet but look forward to it. How close are you to the lake anyway?

16. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    So when are we all planning on this big Moroe trip anyway? Time's a wastin'.

17. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    whenever you all say... Im there.. Heck with it... Im going now:smile2::smile2:

18. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    im about 12 to15 miles from monroe i was 5m but i moved

19. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    so you going to stop by??

20. whiteriverbigcats