Who's suffering from high water?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by FlatGetter, Apr 10, 2006.

1. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll love to get out there and catch a flathead. But the river I fish is way out of its bank It's like 6ft. up. I think everyone is getting alot of rain:sad: . How's the water level.

2. carl j roach

carl j roach New Member

State:
    florida
    down here in nefla above jaxsonville thought that the water line broke, no rain , tillsatnite, started to unload my boat but the lightning got to bad ;lost powerfor 3 hrs an came back on, thankyou. we got a full 4 inches, yard was full as were the ditches, i live about 3/4 mile south of the st.marys river, fl/ga line , next morn every thing was damp, nobib puddles around , river ought to start gitting higher in next copple days. crawdads are building towers 4-5 inches high in my yard , may have to start trapping them. keep dry, carl roach[ cockroach].

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    sheeeeeiet we havent got enough rain this year to soak the ground let alone raise the creeks and rivers :sad:

4. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Hey Chris,

Send some of that rain to Oklahoma..we need it. Sounds like a good time to catch some channels and blues in the flooded areas. Foot deep trotlines with crawdads have always worked well for me when we flood.

Good luck

Paul

5. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    The rivers are way up in the state of MN. Water is up over 10 feet on the Minnesota River in the Twin Cities and western MN and the Mississippi is along with it. The discharge rate normally 5000-6000 (Dishcarge Cubic Feet per Second.) Is at 33,000 - 34,000.
    Its projected to crest sometime later this week. Probably go up another 1-2 foot.
    The diehards including myself have been giving it a go. I'm gonna wait for it to crest and drop a couple feet, before I put the boat in anymore.
    by then the water will be warmer its just barely hitting 50F
    thanks
    Larry

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i wish we had so flood water.i catch my best fish during a flood.