Whos ready

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by CatfishHateMe, Mar 6, 2008.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    whos ready for turkey? i am and i have been since about January. My moms already gettin on me bout the diaphragm and ive got told by teachers to put it away a few times latly. i dont think they get i just want to get my share of practice in before April 23rd. lol

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i'm stoked ,pumped , freak'n going LOCO... i can't stand it. watching hunt'n shows , play'n with my calls , decoys , etc... aint hepl'n me none .
    :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm allways ready to go huntin ,Jay. I gotta wait just a little longer tho. Its killin me too.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You know it brother! Cant wait! Did you put in for the draw hunt at Fairbanks Landing?

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    We have a youth hunt coming up around the end of march. I hunt one of my boss's boys. Last year was his first time and he vapor locked when 2 long beards walked up in his face. Never pulled the trigger but his eyeballs almost bugged out far enuff to hit one. I think he has his head in the game a little more this year and I can't wait. If i can find pic i'll post his brothers bird from same trip.

6. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John you just gotta love it. I look forward every year to the youth hunts, nothing better than having the younger ones out there experiencing what with love so much. My son helped me call one in last year did not get a shot, but it was a lot of fun. He still wants to call one in for me maybe this year. he is getting really good with the slat and starting to work a mouth call, cant wait for opening morning with him.

7. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am ready for spring in general. We are getting snow right now.... it's march!!

8. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I guess I'm just like the rest of you. I can't wait til all of the snow and cold is gone out of Michigan. My hunt here starts on the 21st of April. This year I couldn't wait, so I'm heading down to Mississippi come next Thursday. The hunt down there starts on the 15th of March. If nothing else, I'll be in the turkey woods for six days. The friend I'm going down to see has three different flocks of birds he has been keeping an eye on for the past two weeks. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a crack at a gobler or two, or maybe even three. They have a three bird Spring limit down there. (No jakes).
    I can't wait! Come on Thursday come on.
    Sparky

9. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Jay, 45 days and counting. Won't be long before I can start putting these gobblers to bed, and check them at breakfast to try to get an pattern.

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, I wouldn't get up out of the electric chair to hunt turkeys! Man, that's when the fish are bitin' the best! I'm glad you folks get the enjoyment out of hunting them though. Less traffic on the river!! :)
    BB in SC

11. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    man ..... your lucky!! 1 more week . i still have a month ........ best of luck too ya when you go out .

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    3 more weeks.. 3 more weeks.. march 25.. archery.. 3 more weeks.. 3 more weeks..

13. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i am ready.......i got a couple big birds to try out this year...or is that visa versa:confused2:

14. Wheeler59

Wheeler59 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know how you guys feel. I'am a turkey hunting nut. In the spring I turkey hunt and catfish so much I can't find time to work. i work for myself thats why I have guys working for me.LOL I plan my jobs around hunting and fishing. My wife just loves that.:roll_eyes:

15. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Lets keep in touch. I'd love to come out to your state and hunt one of those white tipped birds.
    My son use to be the sports editor for a paper in Darango. I was planning a trip out there a year ago, and then he accepted a job for a paper here in Michigan. Hunting trip was canceled.
    Sparky

16. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I am beyond ready. Been seeing a few birds. They are still bunched up. Gonna start some serious scouting this week.

17. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Best of luck Sparkey. Also i made a mistake when i said our youth hunt opens at the end of the month. Actually it's April 11th. i think. Regular season is the 21st. i believe. Either way i'm ready to here some spittin n drummin.

18. dledinger

dledinger New Member

State:
    NC
    I'm not...but then again....not much to get ready. Dust off the box call and out the door...

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    This is where ya must not be fully understanding. When i hunt, i always hunt from a boat. If tommy boi don't play fair, i go back and fish.