Who's ready to fish this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by tatersalad, Jun 21, 2006.

1. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Well, the Moultrie trip is off. I am definitely going to get out and chase some kitties this weekend, anyway!

So, if anybody wants to try and hook up and do some fishing, LET ME KNOW!

I don't have a boat yet, so am stuck on the bank. Let me know if you want to meet somewhere.

thanks, tatersalad

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    You outta to fish the catfish tourney this Friday night down on Wylie!! It should be interesting now that it is warm.

3. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    well, if someone needs a partner i'd love to. But with the luck i've had lately from the bank, I know where'd i'd place

:pudency:

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I am fishing alone, so you are welcome to come along. My normal partner caved in to his wife about their anniversary. GAG!!!!

E-mail me at dmelhorn@carolina.rr.com and I will e-mail you my phone number and we can talk details.

5. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    info sent via email.

6. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm glad to hear you're gonna fish this one WylieCat. I'm not 100% sure about me yet. But I'll know more as the day goes on. Good Luck to ya'll if I don't make it.

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Ya Terry, I am good for the rest of them. The last one was on a night when I was working. What was the winning weight for the May event?

BTW, is the start time 7:00pm or 8:00pm?

8. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If I remember correctly it was 22lbs. And they start at 8. 8 to 6.

9. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Dang, another 22 pound sack!! Looks like it will take a couple of nice Wylie channels and a good kicker fish.

Thanks for the time, I hope to see you out there!!!

10. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Best of luck to you!
    Also, thank you for offering to take a fellow BOC brother out with you. That is what this community is about.

11. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Thanks Barb!! We might get lucky and catch a fish too!!! LOL!!!

12. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Dieter, You might get luckey, Ace and I are not fishing this one

13. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    need more info entry fee payoff how many entries what time rules

14. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Hey Roundhill you can call Ted's Hunting & Fishing at (803) 222-4647 to get all the details.

We prefished last night and the night before. Wednesday night was baaaaad. I think I only caught two fish. Last night was better, but still bad by Wylie standards. Six fish and none over five pounds. Very slow bite.

My hope is that two nights in a row of bad fishing will mean a good night tonight.

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Good luck Dieter and Pete! Glad you two are getting together to fish the Lake Wylie tourney. We'll be looking forward to hearing the details. Win one for us!!! And don't forget to take your BOC business cards!:big_smile:

16. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    well, the T-storm is passing over, should still be good for fishing.

Thanks for all the responses, we'll try to do the Brotherhood proud.

got my cards in my pocket......

17. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    We had a great time, rain, thunder, lightning and all. No one launched at the start time because of so much lightning in the area. We all got out about an hour late.

No luck on a big kicker fish though for us, and we finisihed 5th out of 7 boats. The winning weight for three fish was around 24 pounds, a very nice three fish weight on Wylie. 2nd place was around 21 pounds, 3rd and 4th were around 19, and we were 5th at around 17 pounds.

We ended up catching 24 fish total, and we threw back a lot of 4 1/2-5 pound fish in search of the 8-10 pound kicker. Lots of dang white cats last night too.

I'll let tatersalad tell you about his new personal best fish...

18. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Just want to send out a HUGE Thank You to WylieCat for taking me on the tournament Friday night. I had a blast fishing with him and learned a great deal!

I caught my new offically weighed personal best, a channel cat at 5 lbs 4 oz. I also lost a fish which probably would have put us higher in the finishing order. Fought him for a couple minutes then my hook knot failed, letting him go. Bent my new UglyStick catfish rod a bunch, and was taking line from the Abu 6500 C3 (I'm a little happy with the new rig, if you couldn't tell). Made me sick when he got off, but what are you going to do?

To any one out there that hasn't had to opportunity to fish with a brother from the BOC, all i can say is DO IT! Regardless of where we finished, this was one of the most rewarding fishing trips I have EVER been on, and I owe that to WylieCat. Thanks Brother!

:feel_good:

19. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm glad you guys had a great time last weekend! I would love to fish in one of these tournaments. I'm in your position, too, Tater. I have no boat. Can people bank fish these tournaments? And, how many fish can you weigh? Three? Anyway, once again, glad you two got to fish together! If you guys ever need any company, whether it's on the boat or the bank....let me know!

20. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I bank fish more that anything, we'll have to get together soon!