Who's Ready Now!

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by channelcat_tracker, Aug 27, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    HEY GUYS ARE YOU READY FOR THIS YEARS HUNTIN SEASON TO BEGIN!?!?!?!?! I THINK IM OFF MY FISHIN TILL JANUARY FOR ICE FISHIN BUT THIS YEARS SEASON IM PUMPED FOR. rabbit and squirrel season starts on september 21 with deer youth bow starting october 1st. duck season starts in november i think with trapping season for muskrat and coon on the first week of november! GUYS I AM READY TO GO OUT THEIR AND FILL MY FREEZER FOR THE YEAR! this will be something new! i cant wait how bout you?:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :lol: :lol: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :smile2: :smile2:

2. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    im ready for hunting season any time of the year one thing good about cat fishing in the fall is you can hunt in the day and fish at night. good luck to ya.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm not off fishing yet, but I'm definitely pumped for hunting season to come in. I never get enough hunting or fishing!

4. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I love to hunt...but I also love to catch cats all winter long. November through March for me is better than summer. I caught a ton of nice fish this summer but this last winter was just as good if not better.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Reckon I'm too much of a candy-@$$ to be messin' around in the cold weather anymore... as much as I'd like to.:eek:oooh:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    If I look confused it's because I'm thinking. ~~Samuel Goldwyn.

6. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Todd how are you catching cats all winter in Iowa through the ice? We have gone out trying to do this after readinga rticles and have NEVER even got a bite.

7. graybeard

graybeard New Member

State:
    Iowa
    When I was younger, I lived to hunt and fishing was just a sideline. Now I'm just the opposite. I still like to shotgun hunt deer with my sons and brothers, and enjoy sitting in the squirrel timber now and again with my 22, but that's about it. Of course, after two foot operations and a knee operation, stomping thru the fields ain't as easy as it used to be. Anyway, I'll be in my boat pretty much till I have to drill holes in the ice.

8. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    beeheck,

I fish rivers during the winter. I have a couple of smaller rivers where I know where there are some really deep holes in comparison to the rest of the river, so i just focus on these holes only. To be honest with you the action is faster and more consistant than the middle of the summer. The hole I fish is an area where it is very accessible and you can position yourself right where you need to be. Yes this river does freeze over at times, but it doesn't usually stick around to long with the 40 degree days we have been getting on a regular basis. I have been there one day with open water and have caught the heck out of them and then went back the next day and coudn't fish because of the thin layer of ice and then went back a couple of days later and it was partially covered and it was just as good action as it was before. So as long as I can cast to the hole with out ice..I will be there.

Fishing in the freezing cold does stink but it is well worth it. I use to tell my buddy how much fish I would catch in January and February and he never believed me until I took him with....now he is hooked and can't wait for winter to come. But before that comes I am more focused on the fall feeding that will be coming up soon. If you have an more questions let me know.

9. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    where on the mississippi! i can access it if its accessible!

10. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    Hey channel cat tracker dude. September 23 is opener ducks in iowa... However, that is the same date as the Litehouse cat tourny now. TOugh decision. i will be fishin it though.. maybe shootin my 2 woodies on the way up to camanche that morning. Do you know when Youth season duck opens.... possibility of showing you some wood ducks if time permits. let me know. Dave