Who's Locked and Loaded?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Blacky, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Reels: ABU 6500 BalckCat and ABU 6500 C3

Rods: 7'6 St. Croix Classic and and another 8'0 Shakespeare UglyCat

Things I will do different this year!

1. Last year, my first flathunt was on May 1st. I caught them in numbers. This year, I will target deep river channels and ledges starting in mid-April.

2. This year, I will minimize sound and light while on my flathunts. I now believe uneccessary noise and light will have drastic affects on your trip.

3. I am gonna use MONSTROUS BAITS. I mean legal sized bass, 12 inch suckers, and even 5 lb carp. Catching a 5, 10, 15 lb flathead is fgetting real old! Big-Bait-Big-Fish Theory will be experminted everynight.

4. I will do OVERNIGHT trips. I just purchased a cot and tent and am willing to sleep on the river bank.

5. Instead of fishing 4 to 5 nights a week in 07, I plan on fishing 6 nights per week. I want to use my entire summer off in search of the mythical Schuykill 40.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FLATHEADS?

2. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    right on man you sound ready to go i to have the fever im laid off in the winter so all i do is sit around watching hunting and fishing tv shows while i love to watch them all they do is make me want spring to come around that much more

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    6. fish more with other local BOC members.:wink:

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Reels: ABU 6500 BalckCat and ABU 6500 C3

Rods: 7'6 St. Croix Classic and and another 8'0 Shakespeare UglyCat

Things I will do different this year!

1. Last year, my first flathunt was on May 1st. I caught them in numbers. This year, I will target deep river channels and ledges starting in mid-April.

2. This year, I will minimize sound and light while on my flathunts. I now believe uneccessary noise and light will have drastic affects on your trip.

3. I am gonna use MONSTROUS BAITS. I mean legal sized bass, 12 inch suckers, and even 5 lb carp. Catching a 5, 10, 15 lb flathead is fgetting real old! Big-Bait-Big-Fish Theory will be experminted everynight.

4. I will do OVERNIGHT trips. I just purchased a cot and tent and am willing to sleep on the river bank.

5. Instead of fishing 4 to 5 nights a week in 07, I plan on fishing 6 nights per week. I want to use my entire summer off in search of the mythical Schuykill 40.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FLATHEADS?

_____________Wow blacky you sound ready to go. Funny you mentioned a tent buddy wanted to go half on one a while ago but i declined. _____

6. fish more with other local BOC members.
    7. Learn to use the baitcaster. Maybe start spending more time fishing the Skuk. (sorry old spot fishing buddies i will still come by though)

8. Try different locations. Be more patient bring more beer.

9. Bump it to maybe 4 nights a week. Sometimes i just be too tired.
    10.Take better notes (mental).

5. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Sound's like you got a plan Blacky:wink: Keep us up to date.:wink:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    WHOOOHOOO! Am I ready for some Flatheads?!?! You bet I am ready! I have been plotting all winter on my strategy for catching them Allegheny River Flatheads! I've been doing some tinkering with the pontoon, I got more to do just need some warmer days! :roll_eyes: Now as far as the new equipment thing goes, I sold off a bunch of stuff on ebay and used that cash to buy me 6 new Catfish Safari Flatheads Rods and 6 Abu Garcia 7000 ICS Pro Rocket Reels! Yes those are some pricey outfits and had I not sold the things I did I would never been able to afford what I bought but I had a game plan and it worked out well! :cool2: Why six you may ask? Well four to have out on the boat and two to keep at home for shore fishing. I have some new areas I want to try out and try some different techniques in my old spots! I am locked, cocked and ready to rock! 2008 is gonna be a great year! :cool2:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    6 ABU 7000s and Catfish Safari rods?

Did you sell your house?

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :smile2:LMAO! Did some serious cleaning out of unwanted-unneeded items that had some value and listed about 10 items a week on ebay for about 6 weeks in a row till I had enough cash in my paypal account and now I got me some new awesome outfits!!! :cool2: :big_smile: I got extras now for when you eastern Pa guys decide to come visit me! :wink:

9. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Was all those listings fishing gear. You must of have a lot of stuff buddy...:eek:oooh:

I probably be listing a few items myself. It's just hard to part with some of the stuff. I have to decide what has to go and what stays....

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nothing I like better than a positive attitude and shear determination. Sounds like ya got ya game face on. Good luck and keep us posted.

11. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    I sure hope im ready been stocking up on things all winter the only thing im changing this year is going to Circle hooks , so hopefully everything works out this year to get that 40# plus

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    It's time to start Scotts Guide Services.:wink:

13. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Scott you should be good to go now. There some nice reel's, I had 2 of them back in the day's of surf fishin for Stripper's, I wish I still had them. I should do the same thing and get rid of some of thing's I dont use anymore. If I did I could probley by a hole river for myself.:smile2:

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Angel - There was some fishing stuff - a few rods, a bunch of reels and some reel parts. I also sold some collectables and some odds n ends. I'm a big fan of ebay. I do lots of buyin' and sellin' on there! Sometimes it's tough to part with things but I decided I had a bunch of stuff I wasn't using anymore and I really wanted them Flathead Rods and Abu's! :cool2:

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I'm locked and loaded most of the time! Of course I'm hunting insurgents and not big cats. I did stock up on all new supplies prior to deploying and I am counting the days until I can hit the water.

16. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I went for a demo ride in a Sea Arc today.Im waiting on approval for financeing.I maybe the very poor :eek:oooh: , but proud owner of a 20'72" jet tunnel Sea Arc.Im buying my 3rd boat 2nd.Im going to end up haveing more $ in this boat than in my new truck.All Susquehanna flatheads.. be afraid ....be very afraid :cool2:

Attached Files:

17. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Looking good great pappy. I always wanted my very own boat. But its out the reach for me...........:wink:

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Joseph! You the man! :cool2: Them Susquehanna Flatheads are in deep crap now! :eek:oooh: :wink: :big_smile: :cool2: Sweet looking Cat boat! :cool2:

19. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I don't take up too much space Joe, so if you have extra room this summer, I think I'm only about a 2 hr drive!

Congrats on the new boat bro! It looks great! I'm jealous!

20. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A

I havent got her yet Im waiting on approval for financeing.I applyed sat.So Ill prob. know monday. Sure... Ill take you out we can pick each others brain for info.