Who's In To Beat Pa.?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Garrett Cope, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I know it's been slow going out there lately and i haven't added any fish for the contest in weeks but i've been out there almost daily trying. We should be getting rain the next couple of days and i think it's gonna help get these monsters biting again. Let's get out there and kick some a__ guys! I don't wanna lose to Pa. and i know we've got the best here in Ohio. Let's do this!Who's in?

2. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im trying too brother! I have only managed to put 2 on the board for Ohio. Its bow season also, conflict of interests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets get serious boys we have given them enough slack to make it interesting now lets get the job done....olj

3. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    You need more than rain to help ya now!:smile2:

4. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Going tomorrow night and we have been getting some good ones out of Paint Creek Lake.I'm thinking the PA boys gonna be hating it..

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I should be able to get out this weekend. Pray I don't have a good night.:wink:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Where's all those "talkers"?

7. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    NO TALKERS OVER HERE JUST REAL FISHERMEN.

8. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Ha! We've got an OHIO army of guys hitting the water not only this weekend but pretty much every night (and day) till then. You'd better pray that even half of us don't have good nights (and days).

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    just an observation here but you folks do have what seems to be an army of people out fishing for cats. to be honest we only have a small but determined unit of dedicated catmen slingin' and swingin' right now and we are still holding our own. any way this thing goes i am proud of all the PA folk still on the water and of the way they have all fished. way to represent PA everyone.

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have to agree. The number of PA anglers submitting fish is lower than the number of OH anglers.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The Buckeyes outnumber the PA guys by 3 to 1.

Most, not all, flatheads are caught on the Eastside of the state.

We have 5 rivers that hold flatheads while all of your rivers, lakes, payponds ect hold flatheads.

Even if PA does not win, I will still ever be proud of all the PA guys for even hanging with you guys.

I just want respect for PA CATFISHING!

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    There is probably 3:1 talkers but I doubt the actual number is that for fishing. I know I would like to help but I am kinda stuck at just talking LOL

13. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    ALL THAT COULD CHANGE ANYTIME YOU WANT RYAN

14. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Originally Posted by Blacky [​IMG]
    The Buckeyes outnumber the PA guys by 3 to 1.
    3 TO 1? I Doubt it. Could also be just as many Pa. members FISHING but not CATCHING fish.

Most, not all, flatheads are caught on the Eastside of the state.
    Same thing here in Ohio. Most flatheads here are caught in the eastern/southeastern part of the state. Outside of the Maumee,GMR and Ohio (near cincy) there are very few flathead waters in the northwestern and southwestern parts of the state. And there are either very few BOC ohio members who fish the Maumee or they aren't participating in this contest.

We have 5 rivers that hold flatheads while all of your rivers, lakes, payponds ect hold flatheads.

All our rivers,lakes etc? BS. The number of ohio rivers & lakes that don't have flathead populations far exceed the number that do. I live in Columbus and there really isn't a good quality flathead fishery in my immediate vicinity and most ohio anglers face the same dilemma in their area.
    Even if PA does not win, I will still ever be proud of all the PA guys for even hanging with you guys.

You guys have reason to be proud win or lose. No disputing that.

I just want respect for PA CATFISHING!

I don't think anyone is truly disrespecting Pa. Catfishing. The talk back and forth is all about friendly competition. I think the respect is mutual both ways. Having said that, there's still alot of time left for us Ohio brothers to kick your candy a#ses! :wink:Good luck!

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I know but my main problem is time, both boys either doing Bday parties and crap(LOL) like that, I should have more time comming up tho hopefully LOL

16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    just wanted to say that i have learned alot from reading the ohio threads and posts. you all are very good fishermen and women and have a lot of knowledge to share. thanks again, i have learned alot from you folks. good fishin' to all of you and be careful out there.

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How many birthday parties do you have for your 2 boys?:smile2::wink:

18. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Gonna try and get out this weekend. Was out the other night with my nephew n brother. Nephew had 1 run. Need some rain for our mighty muskingum river. Good luck to everyone. it's not over til it's over...:006:

19. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thier Bdays are not really a problem for time its the cousins, nieces and all that jazz. I was thinking of going out tomorrow but nooooooo gotta Bday party for one of the cousins.

I know that it wont last forever it depends on when it is done if I may go or not since Ill be over by Dillon.

20. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    With the water being so low and the temps dropping fast we need to put a bunch on the board to get ahead and stay there. RALLY!