Who's hitting the rivers this weekend?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, May 1, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just curious how many are going to get out this weekend anywhere for that matter? Got a feeling this time next week alot of our rivers will be flooding, I know the Ohio is going to be super high if it keeps raining for a week straight like they are saying. Trying to get some fishing in tommorow before that happens..:0a23:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was gonna hit the river, but think I will hit a lake instead. Goodluck to you and everyone else that makes it out.....rollo

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
  4. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    I'll be heading to the maumee for flats with eudora. We'll be fishing from the bank throwing cut shad, buffalo, and sucker. I'll try and get some pics if we get anything. Good luck to all.

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Going to the scioto to spank some flatties :wink:

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Hitting the river on Sunday myself..Spankin and Crankin

7. REBELYELL1861

REBELYELL1861 New Member

State:
    TX
  8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We will be hitting CJ Brown tomorrow and BTW, we got over an inch of rain here in Dayton so far today and its thundering and pouring now.... Hope tomorrow is a little nicer:eek:oooh: Will post results later tomorrow

Good luck and be careful, should be lots of drift down there tomorrow!

Salmonid

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I dont think the drift will be too bad till Monday, hell the river is only supposed to be 28 feet tommorow, 29 on sunday, then make a big jump over night to 32 feet by Monday.

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My god slow down soldier, I think it will be safe for a few more days...:wink::smile2:...It will be into next week before the river really starts to rise much.

11. Capt.mike jr

Capt.mike jr New Member

State:
    ohio
    CJ BROWN for me too i caint wait to catch about 27-2lb catfish lol

12. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Got nearly 2 inches of rain here in Columbus in about an hour tonight. The Scioto should be pretty close to unfishable here. Probably hit a lake/reservoir instead.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Me and Mankind are hitting the Ohio river in about an hour or so. The cats have been biting pretty good down this way, hope they still are.:confused2:

14. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah, I guess no one else got the rain we did, the GMR is up 6 ft and still rising but I saw the LMR is only up a foot so sorry about the false alarm...:wink:
    Good luck man!

Salmonid

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Its ok Mark, I know you are just looking out for me so you have another guy to donate money to your tournies, since I sure as hell don't win any! LMAO!!!:wink:

Today flat out sucked, Perfect boat position, set up on perfect fish, that looked to be active. Fresh shad that I am able to keep probably more healthy than when I caught them, And hardly jack squat to show for. A couple channels, one maybe 4 lbs and the other around 8. A gigantic drum...lol Had about 4 fish get off, where are my precious bluecats?!!!I have not been able to catch fish consistantly since the winter before this last one, I have got to get on the water more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused2::angry::sad2:

I don't always look for fish on the depth finder, but when I see what I saw today, a year ago would have ment atleast 3 fish in the 20lb range in the freakin boat, and for some reason I just cannot produce anymore, really freakin frustrating. I am in no way trying to say that I used to boat fish on command, but man I just cannot even come close to being as productive as I used to be, this really sucks...May drink this one off tonight.:eek:oooh::0a28:

16. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey misterwiskers what area u going to be at this weekend? Sunday Im hitting up north area around rt 42 on scioto

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You have to stop peeing on your fingers when you take a leak. Messes up the PH balance of the cut-shad lol.

18. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    all the creeks around here are out of their banks and that will end up in the Ohio river so I think my wife and I will head out to the James at Dutch Gap in the morning for a few days.

19. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think CJ Brown is a great fishery. The channel cat population seems to be a great supply and with the chance to catch one of the 20 pound plus channels in there that make it nice... and with the temptation of a the blues that are swimming in there...well sign me up.

20. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio

Man, I wish I was retired and could just hop on down to the James every time it rained here lol. Good luck John and Carrie.