Who's got the fever?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by NCCatter, Jul 10, 2006.

1. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just wondering who's getting the deer hunting fever? I been getting anxious this summer cuz I didn't get a deer with my bow last year. 9 weeks and countin down till D-Day!

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i cant wait till september rolls around brothers.....i have never gotten a deer with a bow and im itchin to pull it off this year. wish me luck come september

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I get the fever every day when I see all the deer around my house.

4. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nate,
    When you finally get a deer with your bow I can't tell you how proud you will feel! I was lucky enough to kill a large doe the first time I bowhunted and I could not believe I had done it. I remember seeing the deer coming and I drew on her and she stopped broadside right where I wanted her to. I released and watched the arrow hit right where I was aiming. I heard it hit and watched it go through her, stick in the ground, and watched her turn and run back to the woods pumping out blood the whole time. I have never been as excited deer hunting as I was that day. You will love it when that day comes. Good luck come September!!

5. jholman

jholman New Member

State:
    Columbus Mississippi
    I can't wait, TURN THEM HOUNDS LOOSE!

6. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yes, i'am getting ready to start shooting my bow in the evenings. got a great trip planned for first week of oct. deer hunting/ fishing/ and camping, cant wait.

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'm sure not catching many fish right now, so I should be shooting my bows but it's too hot to get in the mood! Have been seeing some nice bucks in velvet though. Kind of gets the blood pumping!

8. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Went to the deer lease Sunday we've had alot of clear cutting in the area but should still have a good season. Can't wait I'm still trying to help my 10 yr old son get his 1st deer. That will be more exciting for me than any deer I have killed.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I definitely have the fever. Not too much longer until the first of october!

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    LOL....just today I bought deer slugs for my browning.

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive had the fever since last season.:lol: I got one buck that I think is still around that Im going for. May try to take a deer with a recurve this year for a real challenge.

12. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Deer season opens in in lower South Carolina August 15 . My son hunts down there.I hunt in the upper S.C. It opens Sept 15 it also opens here in N.C. where I live Sept 15.I am getting ready to start bushhogging and planting food plots before long.

:look_down: :big_smile_2:

:cat:

13. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If I had a deer like that one in your avatar I think I would quit hunting. That is a beautiful deer. Congrats!

14. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Funny, I actually know more about catfishing then deer hunting (which isn't saying much). This will be my second season hunting, wish me luck on getting my first deer.

:big_smile:

15. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good luck on getting your first deer. That was one of my greatest accomplishments. Actually my best deer hunting moment was when my brother killed his first buck. I heard him shoot twice then I heard him holler. He came and picked me up and said he had shot a buck! You can't imagine how excited I was for him. I'm sure you will be just as happy. One word of advice: Don't hold out all year just to kill a big buck. Your first deer will be special anyway, even if it's not a monster buck. My first was a 58 lb. doe. If I had held out for a big buck I would have gotten burned out and probably not hunted long. Hope I was of some help to you.

16. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I am just looking to put venison in the freezer, so a doe is just fine with me. I appreciate the pointers, and hope to be back with some good news in a few months.

17. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS

Good luck Pete! That first one is one you will always remember!

It's funny to hear the talk about deer hunting in the dog days of summer! I definitely have more fish blood in my system than deer blood. I love to hunt but here is my philosophy on hunting: I hunt like heII til I kill a deer, then it could turn 100 degrees the next day and stay that way til next deer season. I try to fish year 'round. However, in my older age, I have decided that if I'm not comfortable, it isn't much fun. I won't sit in a deer stand and be miserably cold (or wet or eaten by mosquitoes). It's supposed to be fun! LOL

I love to hunt but fishin is my passion!

Good luck to everyone this year! Be extremely careful out there!

18. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I'm kindof the same way, but I just can't help myself when it come to getting outdoors. I have made a really good friend who love to hunt, but doesn't fish. So I am going to get out and do some hunting with him, as I enjoy his company a great deal.

Weather wise I am the same way, I like some moderation in temperature - and i can fish at night in the summer!

19. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    No Bow huting this year due to shoulder surgery but 9 weeks 2 days 15 hours till black power.

20. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i am getting the fever, bad! i haven't got to bow hunt for 2 years due to being to busy. also my hunting partner had moved away. now he has moved back. bowhunting was my favorite way to hunt. it fells like it gets you closer to nature. i used to be a decent archer. i probaby can't hit nothin now. GOOD HUNTING TO ALL!!