Who's going to fish Sat?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Madtom, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    Its going to be high and muddy just the way I like it. Who else is going? How high do yall think it will be? I say 6 inchs over the dock at the Gap.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Wayne good luck on your fishing. Let us know how it went.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Flooded docks...nice, sounds like an adventure before you even drop a line.

I'll be down next week, I actually hope the river is tame by then.

4. jcat61

jcat61 Guest

I will be back down Capt Wayne, should be a lot of fun dodging trees and everything else coming down river!!:eek:oooh:

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll be killin deer.

6. BROWNING7MMMAG

BROWNING7MMMAG New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    Killing deer saturday .Will be on the river sunday

7. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    6 inches over the dock? ha ha try higher lol. Me and Bluecat69 just left the river and the water was 18" from covering the top of the pillars on the dock, the dock is gone, completely submerged lol. We just pulled up to the concrete, I hopped out and went and got the truck and trailer, piece of cake. Im sure it will drop some but when we got there at 8am it was already 3-4 inches above the dock. The dock at Henricus only had 2 ft of pillar left and the little bridge that connects the dock to the ground was tipped over, man I should've taken pics

8. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Dont know if I'll be on a boat but I will definetly be fishing Saturday and Sunday

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Catch anything out in the wind and rain. I just dumped my rain gauge and it had 5 inches in it and she still coming down pretty good.

10. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll be out there...just got a new kayak can't wait to give it a try, never been fishing in a kayak before. Never even been in a kayak.:wink: Can't wait to see you at DG boat landing.:confused2:

11. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    The biggest we got into today was a 25 lber (Ramon6 has the pic) but we did catch 7 all day. The wind blew us around pretty bad and the rain sucked but with the bimini top up we stayed dry.
    Bait was tough, only had one cutter and believe it or not but we did make the run to Deep Bottom for bait but with the tide and wind working againest we abondanded that ideal.
    It was crazy but I know I would have went stir crazy around the house with a day off an nothing to do. All in all, I enjoyed the company and the fishing. What more could a person ask for other than clear skys and tons of fish. Hell I will take the rain and wind over a days work any day.

12. ramon06

State:
    Alabama

I agree kind sir

13. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Charles City....no kayaking.....

14. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Where at Osbourne? I just may head there, Im gonna stop by the lake get a few gills stop by DG to see the water height then head to Osbourne should be there by 1000 hopefully

15. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    great job guys

16. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    When I fish Osbourn which is now rare, I fish off the point toward where the boats leave the landing. There is a channel there. I really haven't had much luck at Osbourn. I fished it solid for over a year then gave up.

17. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    went but didnt fish there, water was too high, never fished there before