Who's going to battle the holiday?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by tdpasser, May 25, 2006.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Anybody going to battle the crouds this weekend? My boys have little legue partys so it's a reason to not go. If I did I would try to get on the lake at 2pm gill up and fish till 3 or 4 am missing the launch mess.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I plan on getting out Sunday night, hopefully finially get into some nice kitties this year.

3. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I'm planning on heading out on only my second AZ flathead adventure:crazy:
    Either Sat-Sun or Sun-Mon at Bartlett up the river or Roosevelt by the diversion dam thanks to Martinman hooking me up with good location instructions!

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    The diversion will be a zoo this weekend but if you can get a spot don't forget to bring waterdog incase the gills are hard to find at roosy. Bartlett might be a better bet but will be super crowded also. I think the key might be to head up the lake as far as you can then just join the party gill up and get some flats. Lots of music and swimmers so maybe cast a little deeper than normal. good luck to ya!

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: LOL NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO THIS WEEKEND IT'S GOING TO BE CROWDED-POOLS OPENING AND SUMMER ACTIVES GETTING STARTED. JUST ENJOY AND BE SAFE.

6. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    First of all,

Antonio-if you happen to read this, the one location that I told you about will not be as crowded, but you may find someone there if you get to Roosevelt later in the afternoon. The only comment that I can give you is that if that is the case, cross the river downstream and go on the other side of the river...still a good spot, just different side.

I may actually be going to Powell this weekend. If it materializes, I will be fishing with a couple friends for stripers in the night. We will still see boats, but we will miss the choppy water where we will be fishing at night. Last time I fished Powell (Last week of April) three of us caught 83 stripers in about 12 hours. I wouldn't mind getting that again:cool2:

We'll have to see what happens

7. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I have been a boat owner for over 20+ years. And you will never see me out on the water during Memorial Day or 4th of July holiday.

I have often wanted to just grab a video camera and a lawn chair and laugh at the drunks loading/un-loading thier boats. Of course seriously, that's not at all funny. We have lost far too many people that way.

If your headed out this weekend, please be safe.

8. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Yes sir, as a matter of fact I plan on being one of the crowds. Loading up the family and going camping/fishing at a state park in upper east Tennessee. I do realize the dangers of the drunks on the road and water, no more risk than normal. A very large part of the lake we are going to is a no wake zone, guess where I plan to stay. And, since it is a state park I am counting on the game wardens to be out in force to help control the problem boaters.

9. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Hummm... Thinking of maybe Sun afternoon to Mon morning at Bartlett but have to do some good talking as the wifie has honeydoo plans. I hate crowds and will be shore bound as I dont want to hassel with all the boats. May take a run up and look arround, If I find a good spot away from crowds fine, if not then return home. Topjimmy if I decide to go I will give you a ring.

10. RiversOwn

RiversOwn New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    battling crowds is still better than work