Who's going this weekend?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by coolarrow2, Oct 18, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I caught me a tub of bait and I'm heading out to the Trinity river in the morning. Last Friday night was super so I had to go and get me some more of that action. We had some rain here in south east Texas and the river is on a slow rise so it should be on tomorrow!! I'll take some pictures if I get any big ones.

2. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good luck and let us no how you do!

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I'm going down here in as, water temp is getting right and the nights are getting cold. Lastcyear at this time got into some nice ones! Hope they return this fall, can't wait to hear the bait clicker start screaming! Good luck to who ever gets to go!

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    good luck the rain is bringing the rivers up slowly here in ohio the fish are starting to turn back on now

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Can't getout this weekend. Maybe next.

Good luck!

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You southern guys from the warm and tropical states have it GOOOOD! Warm weather all year round which means a longer flathead season. Us Yankees or Northerners are on the verge of storing our flathead gear away for the next 6 months:sad2:.

I will resurrect in late April 08.

Good luck to all you late-season/extended season flathunters!

7. rustyhook36

rustyhook36 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am going to fish the Ohio river sat. night. Last week I caught a 45# flathead out of 48 feet of water. Going to fish the same hole. Hope to get one over 50 before the season winds down. I will post results.

8. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I am going to try to go Sunday if I am not bowhunting.

9. rustyhook36

rustyhook36 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fished the Ohio River sat. night for flathead. Did pretty well. My partner and I must have reeled in about two dozen of them. They ranged in size from 8 lbs. being the smallest to 35 lbs. being the big one of the night. All were caught on fresh skipjack. All were caught in 48 feet of water. The water temp was 70. All were released as always.

10. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio

11. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well it was not a super weekend but it was ok. Friday I caught a 12lb and a 5lb one and two blues. I called that a wash. I caught bait saturday afternoon and went bach sunday morning at 4:00am. The first fish was a 25lb and the second was 14lbs, not too bad. The third fish felt good but found a big log and I never got it up. Thats just flathead fishing though. I got out the camera to get a picture of the 25lb fish and the battery's were dead ine the camera. Oh well, I released him with no proof but man was he a great looking fish! We finally got a cold front in today so I'm going bow hunting for the next couple weeks and then I'll be back after the cat's Good luck to all for a couple of weeks.