Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Who's going fishing this weekend?

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  JPritch 
#1 ·
Saturday is looking good wind-wise, but Sunday looks like a heavy blow. If both days forecast good by Friday, then I'm coming down for sure.

Notice a little cold-snap coming in this weekend. Hope it doesn't shut the fish down.

#5 ·
was up at the crack of day. checked the temp it was 36 degrees at 6:30. warmed up a bit later. we got a late start. got down to the boat landing on the pamunkey river and had to go back home. accidently forgot my fishing buddy's pole back at the house. back on the water by 10. the wind was blowing 10-15 out of the south. the wind forced us to stay close to the shore and move slow. fished the first spot for 2 hours. no fish a few bites. moved to next spot and set up almost immediatly caught a 12 pounder. no fish for the next hour then all of a sudden my drag started going off. picked up the pole and tightened the drag down. brought the fish to the boat. 37.3 pounds. fished for another 30 minutes then moved. no fish in the last spot. all and all a good day. all fish were released.

Attachments

#7 ·
Last weekend I went to Deep Bottom with the gill net..first set in shallow water I had 2 cutters after 10 minutes. I moved the net to deeper water and hauled in 7 or 8 more nice cutters...lasted the day. Tons of threadfin and small shad for the cast net if you want to put 3 or 4 on the hook at a time. I caught some big cats that way. Good luck and tight lines.

#11 ·
I've seen 'em caught on the James in late winter almost black looking. I heard it has to do with the bottom and water conditions where they inhabit. Almost blending with it.

Nice hat btw in your pic!

#15 ·
I'm going down to Charles City on the pier, I'm thinking the cold might keep some people away. Last week the day after Thanksgiving it was very very crowded I had to leave...plus my luck ran out.
Good Luck it's going to be really cold .
david

#17 ·
We ended up having a little luck saturday. First fish was a 46 lber and then a 34 lber. Probably ten or so between 20 and 25 lbs and lots of 5 lbers. Bait was fairly easy, we were there at 3:30 am. The entire front of the boat turned into ice. My first timer buddy caught the 46 lber, made his day.

#18 ·
We ended up having a little luck saturday. First fish was a 46 lber and then a 34 lber. Probably ten or so between 20 and 25 lbs and lots of 5 lbers. Bait was fairly easy, we were there at 3:30 am. The entire front of the boat turned into ice. My first timer buddy caught the 46 lber, made his day.
sounds like a good day... you get any pictures?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.