Who's going fishing this weekend in Illinois?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SubnetZero, May 23, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Anyone planning on going out this weekend?
    Think im going to hunt for some flatties Fri or Sat out at Sangchris...:big_smile:

2. Driver

Driver New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Prolly hit the Illinois this weekend.

Keep it later in the afternoon and maybe go all night. With the holiday weekend, I am sure there will be plenty of part timers out there to deal with.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm hoping to hit the Illinois this weekend. I'd like to pull out a nice big flattie.

4. Billbo

Billbo New Member

State:
    Andalusia,IL
    I'll be fishin the Rock bin real slow xsept for a coulpe weeks ago had 1 good day got a14.2 channel and three
    nice keepers nothin but dinks since gues its the weather

good luck guys:smile2:

5. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    I'm Going To Alton Dam On Sunday.

6. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I'm planning on heading down to Sangchris for an overnighter sometime this week, probably either Thursday or Friday night. I was down there this past Sunday and the crappies were hitting on the south end of the lake in the East arm early in the morning, but the channels seemed to have shut off, at least where I was fishing. I tried up near the dam too, where there were lots of people out, but didn't see anybody catching much of anything, except for little gills that would have been perfect flathead bait.

Somehow I got suckered into going up to my parents house and planting flowers all this weekend, but eh, it's worth it, they buy me food. :smile2:

7. init 4 the CATFIGHTS

init 4 the CATFIGHTS New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anyone ever fish lake Mattoon or Charleston lake???

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    [size=+1]I try not to fish anywhere on the weekends. Boat ramps are usually full, no place to park, etc. I realize thats almost the only choice all you working people have, so I won't add to the clutter. I'll settle for fishing thru the week.[/size]

9. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC Chad. I fish Mattoon lake.

10. Driver

Driver New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah, it can be a real circus. Some of the most fun you can have is going down to Detweiler Marina in Peoria after the 4th of July fireworks over the River. Watchin all the drunks and topwaters pullin their boats out is great entertainment. Bout 10 years ago, seen a Lumina Z-34 put on quite a smoke show as it pulled an 1850 Captiva up over the 1' dropoff at the end of the ramp.

My plans are looking more like Sat night/Sun morn overnighter and maybe again during the day on Monday.

11. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm gonna spend as many hours on the river as I can. The fish have been biting really well. Caught 6 in a lake today, but none of them were big enough to even register on the scale.

12. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    rained out of the feilds again! heck ya i'm goin!! she wants to try homer lake this weekend.

13. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I am goin to the devil's backbone and I plan on catchin a monster.

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Welcome to the BOC Chad... I'm gonna spend most of the weekend on the water.. Haven't caught a cat yet this year, but that'll change, I hope..

15. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I live on Mattoon Lake but I won't be fishing it this weekend. There are over 1000 boats registered for the lake and most of them will be on the lake this weekend. It will be a circus! I will wait until the traffic clears out before I go on it again. But, that doesn't mean I won't be fishing. There are several good places to fish in the area. I like my privacy. I like fishing at Charleston also. And, the lake at Fox Ridge has some big cats in it. Lake Shelbyville has some HUGE cats in it.

16. Boogie68MHS

Boogie68MHS New Member

State:
    Tovey, IL
    I'm with you on that, of course unlike some others I have monday thru Friday every week.

17. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am going to Clinton, tomorrow morning, if its too busy, I'll come home. As with Jeb, I don't normally go fishing on the week ends, it is just too busy.

18. Peavey8Cat

Peavey8Cat New Member

State:
    Canton, Il
    Going to The lake at 5 am Sat and The river Sat night til Mon. Hunting a flat. I've caught channels & Blues But no flattie YET.