Who's going dove hunting

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by riverbud55, Aug 23, 2006.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    well guess i'll start a thread on dove hunting for this year, not sure if it post here, seems to me we need a section on upland bird hunting, got a section on everything else being in small game makes no sence to me, but who knows, i would think there a lot of bird hunters in here.

Any way going to be hunting in blythe CA this year as always, got a lot of birds out there right now with the white wings out numbering the morning dove by a lot, also seeing some big ringnecks for the first time ever. Got some large wheat feilds that are bringing them in, dfg has also planted feilds with milow a other grains in diffrent areas, looks to be a good year for the dove. also seeing large numbers of quail for later on

only a week left

2. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yea will be gettin the old muzzle loading shot guns out for hunting the dove..Open sept 1 here in missouri:eek:oooh: If I can stay out of the flathead boat??????

3. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Would probably go if I had a place to go. A lot of "Posted" signs around here and I don't know the land owners.

May go up to my deer lease but it is all soy beans right now.

Robert

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    As said above,sept.1 is the opener in Mo.
    Falls on a Fri.
    Might miss it for the first time in a while :(

30-50 of us gather for the opener,big cook-out and drunkfest afterwards.
    Everyone cleans out their freezer-but dove breast stuffed with a jalapeno and bacon wrapped is the main course.

Then when people start talking like Boomhower(the guy on King of the hill)the cameras come out.

Don't worry,we all spend the night,no drinking and driving....stay at a farm,lots of tents

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    man you know it! dove season is awsome up here in southern nebraska!