Whos Goin This Weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by BubbaBoyEllis, Jul 31, 2008.

1. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    im goin to try and hit a couple spots this weekend anybody else:roll_eyes:

2. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    the last past week i have been going every day. lol this is how its gonna be when i get my license which is soon:big_smile:

3. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    i went every night this week to the muskingum got a bunch of little channels in the 1 to 2 pound range but that was it

4. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm going this weekend. I hope its better than this week. The fish in my part of the ohio river are just doing the old one hit wonder thing. I have gone a few times this week and I went this evening for a few hrs and its been really tricky. They bit once then thats it, so there isn't any sittin back and watching your rod because if it isn't in your hand you ain't catching anything. You got to bust out those cat reflexes ! :smile2:
    I think its because the water is so warm. Its running 80 on the bottom and 83 on top. I caught a few 2-3 pd channels this week but it was tuff. The fish seem to be deeper or where the creeks are coming into the river, or the locks. I assume thats because they want more oxygen since the water temp is so high. I might hit a lake or two friday and see whats going on there. The cats should be finally done with spawn at tappan lake so it might be good up there.
    Best of luck to everyone, I'll post a weekend report on monday.
    Matt, AKA DESODE

5. joeceeeee

joeceeeee New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'm going to paint creek sat. morning and try my new liver recipe.... wish me luck:confused2:

6. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    good luck to all and matt if you try shad head that seems to work the best right now i got some on that

7. joeceeeee

joeceeeee New Member

State:
    ohio
    cut up bluegill are really getting it done also, from what i hear.

8. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah last weekend I was doing well on cut gills ,but they have been really picky over the last few weeks. At one point last week on tuesday, they wouldn't bite on anything but hotdogs and once I put that on I caught 14 in under 2 hrs then the next day they didn't want a hotdog at all. I tried everything and then finally called a buddy of mine and had him drop me off some french frys at the dock on his way to work and I caught 6 nice channels on french frys. Anchored in the same spot I had been for 4hrs trying everything but the kitchen sink ! One thing I've learned is some days you just never know what they want. You know their there, at your favorite holes and you see them on the depth finder but some times it can take the strangest things to get them to feed.

I'm going to net a bunch of shad at tappan tomorrow so I have some more in the frezzzzzzer :wink:. Matt, AKA DESODE

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    got to work this weekend,but i may try to hit either paint creek or rocky fork monday

10. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Ill be at Salt Fork Saturday.

11. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    There are a few of us fishing on Sat. Me, Katfish Ken, Catfish John, and Junior42. Well be fishing the Ohio or the BigSandy.

12. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i got skunked last night going again tonight though:big_smile:

13. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    anybody goin around zanesville

14. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i may get out to know tonight or tommorow, sometime at least before monday, we are leaving at about 5 am heading to upper michigan for same walleye, pike and smallmouth fishing and camping for about a week, will feel a lil different trying to stay warm lol, lows in the 40's and highs about 70 sounds good to me :big_smile:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm heading out tomorrow, in pursuit..... "Big Flatheads"!!... goodluck everyone...rollo

16. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    im gonna try to get out tomorrow after work if i aint to tired to go catch bait gonna try the green label herring i won too

17. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    i might go this sunday down at knox or charles mill spillway

18. Lignum

Lignum Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Going tonight with 2 of my 4 kids. Should be exciting. I think I enjoy watching them catch something more than myself catching something. Got some fat chubs and 2 nice healthy shell crackers. I should at the least get a nice run.