Who's fishing this weekend???

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Ol Swampy, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Who's fishing this weekend??? I think I am going to give it a try Sunday but not sure where yet. I have a friend in town from northern Mo. and am going to try to get him a hog. Has anyone been catching anything lately? I fished the Crystal City down to Rush Island area 2 weekend ago with no luck. I think we will head north toward downtown. Anyone been out downtown lately?

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Swamp, I'll be back in town tomorrow. I'll get you your spare back this weekend my friend. I may try and hit the river as well if its going to be nice. I'd like to take my son Jack out and see if we can find some Channel Cats. I'll give you a call when I get in town.

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I'll be fishing this weekend as well. Jon if I see ya out there I'll give you a ring. Maybe you can run your finder over this spot and let me know what the heck their hiding behide. Im starting to get hung up alot now, but the fish are still there.

Eric just call and he has two now. I want to go but my daughter has a meeting tonight......

4. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I'm going to head out next week, Willie. I would be happy to run over that spot for you.

You said you were still catching them......right?

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'm gonna try to get out maybe Saturday or Sunday. I at least want to run the boat one last time for the year to get the batteries all charged before I pull em for the winter. Cuz, I need to swing bu your place and get my cast net back!:wink:

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Swing Away my man

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Taking a buddy out tomorrow below Winfield aways... going after river crappie and some channels. :wink:

8. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Mike, I will be fishing out of Winfield tomorrow myself. Maybe I'll see you there.

9. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Sound good Chris, hope to see ya... we'll be ramping at Cuivre Island around 10:30am head up the slough for a while then drop back down and around to the channel side of the island and pull some crankbaits along the rip rap... my buddy has never done that, I have always caught fish pull'n cranks, just never know what you'll catch :smile2: ... going out to have some fun and enjoy the river.

10. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Make sure you give us a crappie report. I bet you could catch some walleye and sauger at the dam right now trolling cranks or jigging off the bottom.Mike and Chris I want details when you guys get back.

11. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Willie,
    I would like to see this spot too. I'll keep out of it, but am curious to see what kind of structure is holding fish this time of year.

12. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Couldn't find any crappie today John, water was down and we tried several places... did try out the secret 7 on the channels... water was 50 to 52 degrees and each time we through out with in 3 minutes we had bites... now our hookup ratio was terrible but it was still a blast. Check out Chris's report, he had an awesome day.

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I thinkin of heading out here in a lil bit. I wash my truck last night and hate to dirty it up so soon:eek:oooh::sad2:

But hey its a good day to hit the river, and Im still lookin for that 50lb fish. maybe I can talk Tre into washing it again:wink:

14. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    So whats the story? who caught what? Fabulous weather to be out in the boat catching some cats, so lets hear it

15. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I and a buddy of mine went out on the Mississippi today. We only had had a few hours to kill because we both had to work this evening. It was an awesome day for November. It's a shame this can't last until the spring.

We ended up with six blues. Four in the 20's and two in the teens. Sorry I don't have exact weights but we fished out of his boat and he doesn't have any scales.

All of the fish were caught on cut shad in 40-60 feet of water with hard current. He is sending me some pictures of the fish and I will post them when I get them.

I hope everyone else had as good a weekend as we did.