Who's fishing this weekend?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by wbtfish, Dec 19, 2007.

1. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Plan on coming down tomorrow night late. Will probably try the night/ early AM bite, then fish most of the day. Then get a motel at days inn or somewhere at Rt. 10 / Rt. 1 junction. Get a hot shower, enjoy some beverages and a hot meal. Then, get up Saturday around 4 or 5, stop at Hardee's and then do it all over again. Got all the stuff loaded up; rods, gill net, cast net, one burner propane stove with coffee pot, Mr. Heater, rain suit, camera etc... Can't wait, just like a kid at Christmas.

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I know how you feel. The anticipation is killing me. I'll be getting to DB Friday between 5-6, fish all day. Stay at Comfort Inn, get some Hooters wings, then hit the river again Saturday.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have fished more this fall than ever before. Generally I am chasing deer all over the place. I think I might see you guys this weekend. With my little 16 foot Jon, It all depends on the wind. I am bummed that I have not been to the Rap at Waterview fishing for Stripers. Its doable in my little jon on the right wind days. I go every year several times for Spot, croaker, flounder. For the last week and a half, they have been killing the whopper stripers to 30pounds at Waterview, (Bouy 10) and I didn't go. The river temps are dropping like a stone and the striped ones have moved on out of the river into the Bay. Guess I will have to fish for big kittys instead. I have saved three stripers from the James that I caught the last two weeks and will smoke them whole the day before Christmas.

Hope to see you on the river. I will be launching from Deep Bottom whenever I decide to get there. Leave a little bait for me. I think I will try upstream for a change.

4. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    We are on the way!!!!!!! Leaving in 15 min or so, as soon as my ride gets here. It's his turn to drive. He has only been down twice and never caught a big one. See if I can't fix that. See Y'all.

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good luck Berkley. Hope to hear a good report in a few days!

6. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll be out with a buddy about 7:20 or so.... I'll be in a 17 foot bass america. Will hit DB for bait then out on the channel for the bite...Wave if you pass by...

7. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Good luck to all y'all. Bundle up and catch a bunch!