Who's Fishin This Weekend??

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Big Game, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Big Game

Big Game New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hello to all!!!!

Whos going out this weekend??

I'm hoping to get out again with bigjimandthetwins and get after them. I'm just not sure where at yet. I want to avoid the crowds as much as possible.......:smile2::smile2:

2. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    I'm off work Friday, all weekend, and Monday & Tuesday, so I'm hoping to get a few days in down at Lake Cumberland. Just trying to work out a place for the dog to stay, someone to watch the bird and cat, all that. I'm sure I'll try to find somewhere to fish the KY or Ohio River, too.

As for avoiding crowds, that is easy for catfishing. Just gotta get the lanterns fueled up and bring a sweater.:wink::smile2: Most of the revelers will never know you were there...and vice-versa.

3. bigjimandthetwins

bigjimandthetwins New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was gonna put in at Taylorsville about noon Saturday. NOT!!!!! Elkhorn is one option. Maybe Salt River. I wouldnt mind sittin on the bank somewhere with a lantern either.

4. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    good lord willin ill be out there somewere fishin under the stars...keep on castin folks

5. jugfisher

jugfisher Member

State:
    kentucky
    Name:
    Clint Howard
    i gotta leave out for work this weekend but i'm heading to gilbertsville tomorrow in seach of cats below kentucky dam.

6. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    i'll be out there.....................................................

7. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Going to hit the river, just not sure where yet. My son will be in tommorrow night ready to go catch something.

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Going to Barkley this weekend . Hey Mike maybe we can give it a shot for a while on Monday @ Boonesboro . Will give ya a call Be back from Barkley Sun. eve.

9. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I'm night fishing friday night a bit and for the fourth me and all my buddies are camping on the illinois river after the fireworks and i'll be catfishing and drinkin off the boat all night!:big_smile:

10. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    Sounds good, brother. I'll be around. I might even be awake this time.:roll_eyes::embarassed: LOL. I was thinking about going into work Monday and Tuesday and saving the vacation days, but I'm sure I could be talked into fishing Monday instead of working.:smile2: Good luck at Barkley, man.

Everyone be safe out there. It's going to be crazy. Happy Fourth!!

11. cumberlandgillman

cumberlandgillman New Member

State:
    KY
    Was going to go on Friday but my Mom did not get to my house until late this evening. I am going to spent time with her since I lost my dad on the 22nd. Also I had my first little one on the 16th. I have had a wild last few weeks. You guys catch the big ones but also enjoy every minute with friends and family,,,,

12. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I wish I was going, but with work and family I might as well just sell the boat cause I dont see any fishing in the near future!:angry: Oh well maybe next year....