Who's doing what and where this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkie55, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I was just wondering what everyone is going to do this weekend. There has been some rain this past week around the state and I for one have a high and muddy river. Don't know exactly what I will do. I just checked the river stage at Black Rock for Black River and it's right at 10'. This time last week it was less than 2'. White don't look to bad and I might fish there. I could put in and fish the Strawberry but it's a small river and my 16' flatbottom would have difficulity getting around. I may have to skip fishing this weekend and just work on my boat some more. What about you?

2. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Terry that high water sure sounds good! It might be worth investigating since its on a rise. My boat is still out as they are waiting on one switch to come in. It had crossed my mind to go get it and take it back when the switch comes in but that would be another 80 miles just to take it out once. They should have it done by wednesday and hopefully it'll be ready for friday! Work, work, and more work for the weekend......

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Going to lake Hudson to pre-fish for a tournament...Hopefully I can find a few.:roll_eyes:

4. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    goin to the dan river hopefully :)

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I'm taking my son and a friend fishing at Joe Pool lake here in Texas Saturday night.
    It's been 2 yrs since I've fished with my son.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have to deal a poker tournament Saturday and Sunday. I am hoping to fish a tournament Saturday night, if all goes according to plan.

7. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Between the heat and the current shape of my back I'll probably lay around in the air conditioning and eat pain pills.

8. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My son and I will be going to Reelfoot on Sunday (we both work Saturday). Unless the winds keeps ripping like it has all week, then we'll bank fish the Mississippi.

9. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Tonight ill be going fishing,and tommorow night im driving to dallas to watch WWE Saturday Night Main Event.

10. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fishing the Mighty Missouri tonight, all day tommorrow, and tommorrow night. Been bait fishing the past couple nights, and getting the rigs ready. Pretty excited, I am not much of a catfisherman. I have grown up bass fishing tournaments and doing crappie fishing when the spawn is on. This will be my first true catfishing experience besides setting trot lines. Been hearing of people catching alot of big fish up here. 40 + pounders are commonly hear of. Wish me luck, hopefully something big hits

11. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Still putting new carpet in the boat. Will have the front and middle finished by noon. Bro in law coming over later. We're going to hit Crown Lake at Horseshoe Bend again tonight. He lost a new rod and reel there 2 weeks ago. He still hoping he can accidently snag the line. The rod shot off the deck of the boat like an arrow shot from a bow. I got to give him one of those "I told you so". I'd been telling to loosen up on the drag or let it free wheel. Guess he'll listen now.

12. BigDuck

BigDuck New Member

State:
    Trumann, Arkans
    My buddy and I are headed to Lake Poinsett after work to see how they treat us.We are planning on tossin out some jugs, a few yo-yos, maybe a trotline, and some pole fishin'. We have to try something!!! Hopefully with a lil luck and a lot of skeeter dope we'll get a mess of filets:smile2:

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I nothing planed, I sure need to take my boat out and run it.

14. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Have a debry saturday and a fish fry at site "M". Will have around 40 kids and adults. Will be resting sunday.

15. rushryder

rushryder New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I work all weekend. I'm gonna try the Dardanelle dam Tuesday and Thursday of next week though. Haven't had much luck lately but I'm hoping that'll change. I got some catapa worms today so heres hoping.

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Top it wont be to much longer and Ill have a day through the week I can take off and well get that boat out. Got to work Saturday so Ill be on the boc at least part of the weekend.

17. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Well I know im going to a pig roast at my aunt and uncles house....Looking forward to that...Also i got to try and get out and catch some bait for my weekend at the Ohio River next week...I cant wait for that!!!!

18. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Today, sitting in boring training class in Mountain View, CA for work.
    Saturday July 15, 6:31am flight back from San Jose, CA to Chicago
    12:45PM leave airport, and driving to Dale City, VA to visit the in-laws

So most of my weekend will be spent either in the air or on the highway....if only I could figure out how to squeeze some fishing in....

19. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    we went today and caught 4 blues all of them about 5 pounds. same hole as last week. hooked 1 good one and got hung up. white river is rising fast lots of trash so i'll just soak up some a/c. robbie

20. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I changed out my starter this afternoon and almost melted down doing it. The boat is hooked up to my Bronco right now and the water jugs are in the freezer. I just may give Black River a try early in the monring. I need to run over to the ramp and look it over. The rise is supposed to peak tomorrow morning and then began a slow fall.

Robbie, the rise in the White is coming from the Black. I crossed the White at Batesville around noon and it's low and clear.