Who's caught the biggest crappie?

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Jnorman, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Alright guys, I'm not a big crappie fisher but just the other day my brother-in-law pulled a 16" crappie from my neighbors pond. It was just about the biggest crappie I've seen out of an aquarium. Unfortunately I my scale was broke and I didn't have my camera (wasn't expecting to catch anything worth while). Just got me to wondering what is the biggest catch you guys have reeled in?

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I've had 2 crappie out of smithville lake that were 17+,haven't been able to break the 18 inch mark.Funny thing was they didn't weigh much..can't remember exactly,but I think a little under 2#.

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Actually I believe it was a guy from Pennsylvania last season. I forget how big exactally but he was on this site showing it off though. HTH

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    bIGGEST ONE i'VE CAUGHT HAS BEEN 16 1/2 " it weighed a little over 2 1/4 lbs

5. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I've never caught any huge crappie but I know that the NC state record is 4lb16oz. I couldn't believe that when I read it, must look like a welcome mat to a house.

6. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Caught a 2 1/5 pounder 30+ years ago while bass fishing on a 'Big O'.Most crappie I catch are about the size of my hand.
    Jake

7. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I've caught a 17 1/2" and a 17" in 3 minutes out of 1 foot of water. Believe it...

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I caught a stringer full of monster slabs once but then I rolled off the side of the bed and woke up. most of mine are around 11-13".

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My biggest was 15", don't know the weight. Our state record is 5lb.2oz, but is not common for crappie to get nearly that big here. I heard there was a 5lb.8oz crappie caught in Mississippi. New world record white crappie. Anybody heard anything about it?

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Keep up the good work guys. The biggest one is still out there.:lol: :smile2:

11. reloader1220_270

reloader1220_270 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i caught several the other day that were 2 pounds most of the ones i kept was anywhere from 3/4 to 2 and 1/2 pounds. dont know how long they were cause i go fer weight lol .

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    4 pounds! WOW! Wonder what that would look like? :eek:oooh:

13. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    my pb crappie was 12 1/2" but never weight it.

14. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Around 16" and a bit over 2 pounds.

15. jacob

jacob New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    the biggest i'v caught was 4 pounds and a littlebit bigger than a 2leater bottle of pepsie