Who's catching fish in this heat?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by truckin4x4, Jul 16, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    if your catching fish in this heat let us other members who ant know where your catching them and on what. went out last night and didn't even get a bit

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I haven't been skunked this summer yet. I been fishing at night are 4:00 am until it gets to hot. Baits have been cut shad and cut large minnows garlic and salted chicken livers and homemade bait concotions. Good luck

3. live22skate

live22skate New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ive been catchin alot of flatties on cut shad, and 5-6 inch live gills

4. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    Thanks for the info. i've just not had much luck this year. think the fishing gods are made

5. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went out today from 5:30 to 7:30. It was hot. I caught five channels and a snapper that was big enough to make Dinkbuster proud. I fished right in front of a pipe that water from a water plant releases. I had one casted out far, and one relatively close to the water pouring out of the pipe. I caught four in front of the pipe in about 4 feet of water but they were all under 3 pounds. I caught one casting out further, a nice one around 8 pounds. I was cutting up some frozen bluegills for bait.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Rob, ship that pic to my email and I will blow it up so we can see ya a little closer buddy.

I have had no luck, whether it be night/day/cold/hot. LMAO

7. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just got in from Lake Hope. Caught a 3lb channel on cut shad. That was the only bite all night. Normally don't fish lakes but its close by.

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    i went today for about 1-2 hrs in relatives pond, i caught 2 and my little cousin got her one... caugth the biggest on bluegill suspended under bober about 1.5 ft. hooked up with a BIG flattie... 30 lb... caught a baby on night crawler about 3lbs and she caught hers on a chub i think about 8-10 ft deep on bottom... hers was about 6 lbs... all nice fish for early evening about 7pm... hope these help... go to some pond... they are in the deep guys when its hot.. gotta get the bait to them cause they arent really moving.

9. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Went to CJ Brown Thursday night from 7pm til 9am put 16 in the boat. I had to work for em but it was worth it. Post picks tommaro! To hot to fish dureing the day for me!