Who's buying tomorrow?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Anyone getting the fight tomorrow night? My buddy is going to get it so he invited me over. All I gotta bring is beer and meat for carne asada! I wasnt planning to watch it because the rest of the card doesnt look so exciting.

]
    205 lbs.: Chuck Liddell (204) vs. Rashad Evans (205)
    205 lbs.: Rich Franklin (204.5) vs. Matt Hamill (205)
    185 lbs.: Dan Henderson (185) vs. Rousimar Palhares (184.5)
    185 lbs.: Nate Marquardt (185) vs. Martin Kampmann (184.5)
    155 lbs.: Thiago Tavares (155) vs. Kurt Pellegrino (156)
    205 lbs.: Tim Boetsch (205.25) vs. Mike Patt (205.25)
    170 lbs.: Matt Brown (170) vs. Dong Hyun “Stun Gun” Kim (170)
    185 lbs.: Jason Lambert (185) vs. Jason MacDonald (185)
    170 lbs.: Roan Carneiro (170) vs. Ryo Chonan (170)

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm hoping mama lets me get it. She kinda likes it too. Hope we got the bill paid up. :wink:

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I will sadly be at work , what else can I say. GO CHUCK !!!!

4. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Ill be watching I dont miss any UFC fights.

5. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I'm going to have to order it Sunday or Monday night. I'm gonna be out of town this weekend. :embarassed: Have to be sure to stay away from here so the outcome is ruined for me. :smile2:

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Race got postponed, so think I'll probably watch it. Wasn't going to but talked myself into it...:smile2:

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Holy overhand rights Batman!!! That was a hell of a punch and one for the UFC highlight reel. It was like something from Rocky in the slow mo. Chuck had the upper cut coming but Rashad beat him to it.... I didn't care who won, but fun to watch a crazy knockout like that...:wink:

8. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    Did you see before the fight when Rashad was licking his fingers and then twisting his nipples? I wonder if that psyched him up or just cured a nervous itch. LOL
    Whatever it was, i guess it worked!!

9. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I thought that the nipple twisting was a bit odd...guess we know what hes into at home!:smile2:

The knock out though...:eek:oooh:! Chuck was out for a long time too! Does this mean that Rashad is now a legitimate bad ass in the light heavy division?!

10. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think this is Chucks third loss in four outings , is this the end of the "ICEMAN" ??? He is one of my favorites but he has seen better days that`s for sure. I didn`t see the fight but I`m not shocked by the outcome , MR. EVANS has certainly proven himself as a top notch fighter in the 205 division and will be a good match-up with Forrest if given the chance.

11. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    WOW! Chuck got slobberknocked! He certainly doesn't have the vision and forethought that he once did. He's gonna get really hurt out there. The Iceman has officially been thawed.

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    K.O of the year imo. That was brutal! I thought they were gonna have to carry him out in a body bag. :crazy:

13. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    They were both hunting for the flash KO the entire fight. It seems to me that Chuck depends on his right hand too much anymore. The blind Lady in the back of the building could see him telegraphing that right hand. Honestly I don't understand why Chuck hasn't been KO'd more than he has is his career. He always fights with his hands down and his chin out. He's just (usually) good at getting it out of the way. I think the whole fight was boring but the KO was great.
    I thought Rashad had already proved himself before this fight. :wink:

14. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Well, I blew it and got on here. I kind of figured Rashad would come out on top. Not everyone can fight like Randy when they get to the top of the hill. :smile2:

Attached Files:

15. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I would personally like to Rashad take on Lyoto Machida next...or maybe even Houston Alexander? He does deserve a shot at the title though by now...17 wins 0 losses? (yeah and 1 draw:roll_eyes:) Does anyone in the UFC have a better record right now?

Maybe Chuck should move up and fight Randy again:smile2::tounge_out:...

16. kheath

kheath New Member

State:
    Lake Whitney Texas
    I would like to see Evans vs wandy and machida vs rampage. kinda of like a 205 tournament.

17. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    That was one hell of a knockout punch that
    Evans threw! If I ever get into another fight
    I think I'll try that nipple thing myself and
    see if that helps me. LOL

18. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well....I guess Chuck is is getting desparate to get his credibility back. Latest word out is that he wants to set something in motion to fight "The Spider". I dont know if he wants Silva to come up in weight or if he's willing to cut down...Silva should not have to take this fight in my opinion and Chuck has nothing else to prove! He's one of the best ever in UFC history...why destroy that legacy?

19. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Chuck made $500,000 for that fight. I think
    he would like to see more paydays like that.
    I doubt he feels he has to prove anything except that he's still a good enough fighter to
    be worth the big $$$. I think that Zuffa will
    try to ressurect him. I'd like to see him get on a roll again.