Whoops

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Catfish_Calvin, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    I tied my boat to the boat dock and my old lady was in it waiting on me to back the trailer into the water. well somehow the boat bow got tucked under the dock and the motor was sticking out of the water. Running. Not pissing water. It was probably doing it for 2 or 3 minutes. I noticed it right when i got in the boat and ran it around real quick and it ran fine. SHould i check into it further?

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    2 or 3 min probly dident hert it

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'd be more concerned about the impeller than anything else. It could have gotten hot and worn a bit turning with no water to lube it for a couple of minutes. I doubt you did any damage to anything else since it was at idle and wasn't running with no coolant very long. Keep an eye on your stream out of the tell-tale next time you take it out and if you have time and an extra $20 it might not be a bad idea to change the impeller just in case.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Do yourself a favor and change the impeller. If the housing has a bluish tint, change it too. As said, your only talking of 20 to 25 dollars if you do the work yourself. And it is something you can do...just about anyone with a motor can give you advise...if they can't invite them over to watch you change yours. LOL

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Change the whole water pump or you will pay the price later down the river. This is from past experence

6. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    you really think i should change the whole water pump assembly after that happened? what do they cost? The water pump is 4 years old.

It was only out of the water for between 2-3 minutes. :sad2:

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i fish only fresh water and change propeller every two yrs. whole pump assy every four. be safe. mine is about 45.00 for a johnson 45
    gary

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hey Calvin, if Bubbakat says it, engrave it in stone and tell everyone it came from Mount Siani. LOL

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    thats cheaper than another motor 4 yrs old due to be replaced anyway