Whole new fishing season for me .

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by boogie, Mar 11, 2007.

1. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    maw has talked about going fishing with me ,but my lil boat was too small for us all..,since we lost our son in oct,25th this year ,me and maw have talked about trying to do more things together ,....so we decided and went and bought us a 21' fishing barge pontoon boat from bp...just finished installing a motorguide 55lb thrust trolling motor with wireless footcontroller and a remote and the depth finder ,we had the engine package upgraded to a 60 hp 4 stroke bigfoot....me and maw plan on spending every pretty day we can out on the water this year....even camp out on the boat overnight now and again.........i love being out on the water on a clear night ....first time ive seen maw really excited about something in a long time .....cant wait to get her hooked up with a 30 or 40lb blue on loudon lake ....

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sam - Sorry to hear of the loss of your son! The pontoon sounds great! I spend many a night out on the river on my pontoon! I fish till I'm too tired and crawl in the sleeping bag till the morning sun wakes me! Good luck to you!

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    that sounds great. i'm real glad you two have something to look forward to. sounds like you both deserve it. God bless and good luck fishing.

4. fess

fess New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounds like a really good plan. congrats.:006:

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Sam, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Sounds real good on the two of u gettin out more!!

:003:

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sam, I didn't know about your son. I'm sorry for your loss.

You and Maw get out there. It sounds to me like you are looking forward to seeing Maw happy, You will be no more happier than when making other happy. Good for you

Congratulation on the new boat and hope you have many fun day and nights.

Danny

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Very sorry to hear that you and Maw lost your son, Sam.

That's a great plan for you two to spend lots of time together... especially out fishin. Hold each other close and value every minute of it.

Hope Maw catches that lunker.. please give her hugs from me.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    On the loss of your son! You and Maw have the right idea be together as much as humanly possible.Congrats on the new Boat. Keep us posted about Maw catchin that lucker that will be a fantastic day for you both! Hugs to you both!:big_smile:

9. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    well,me and maw finally got to take the boat out for the first time ....lol....we didnt do but very little fishing ,that was when we stopped and anchored in a cove to make lunch,most of the time we were just ridin the water ,trying to get the break in period on the engine out of the way...maw was haveing such a good time riding around (me too ;) ) we racked up about 40 miles on the boat ...used very little gas ,.. im glad i got the 4 stroke engine on the boat now ( whew!) cept for the part about still being able to hear maw fuss at me while we are still going up the lake ..lol..,man that motor is quiet .

Attached Files:

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Sam I,m sorry to hear about your son and I also think you are doing the right thing geting the boat

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Sam,
    that is very cool. I hope you guys enjoy every minute out there...W