Whoa Nellie!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mac-b, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Would you'll believe that six out of the eight top threads going on at the current time on 'Local North Carolina Talk' is about jugging, and my thread makes seven out of nine.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I believe you'll are preaching to the choir. The people that appear to be abusing the jugging system of fishing, most likely, are not members of the BOC. Soon or later, if not already, there have been or will be some feelings hurt on both sides of the issue if we continue on this course. So, what do you say, we let the jugging issue rest.

The Carolina Catfish Club will be discussing this issue the second Wednesday of August at Gander Mtn. in Mooresville, NC and at later meetings and the public is invited. When I say public, I mean anybody that has an interest in this issue, pro or con. Mac

2. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    You know Mac, with all due respect which you deserve, I think some feelings have already been hurt on both sides of this issue. As I'm sure you know, Me and My Family are members of the CCC. It is physically impossible for Me and a lot of others here to work and make it to one of those meetings. If we're going to express our opinions to the CCC, here is prolly the best place for it to happen. It is becoming apparent that there are quite a few people around who agree with me on this issue. When you stand up and suggest that we're going to get started on the process of outlawing the sport of fishing, some of us take it to heart. When I joined the CCC, it wasn't because I agreed with yall on every issue. It was because I saw yall as a group of good people with good intentions, which I'll support any day. You know, most all major mistakes that are made, are made by people with good intentions. The reason this issue is on the top six or eight threads is because that's where it belongs, it's a popular subject, it's what the folks here want to discuss, if we didn't want to discuss it, it would go away on it's own.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Bryan, if you'll were coming up with a solution to this situation I would agree with you, but all that is going on is a rehashing what was discussed last year, nine months ago, six months ago, three months ago and now. What has been done to benefit the membership of the BOC and those of us in NC. Nothing !

4. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Mac, Before making that last post, you obviously hadn't read my post under, lakes/reservoirs--Any juggers?. The solution to your problem lies there !! Question is, do yall boys have the rebel attitude necessary to carry it out ?

Rest assured my friend, if I start seeing 400 jugs on Bugg's Island Lake, I'll take care of the problem myself. Heck, if yall are ready, somebody PM me, I'll make arrangements to come and stay in a motel near Baden and I'll help yall solve the problem. Wont be by myself neither. I'll have a whole boatload of Johnston/Franklin County rednecks with me and we'll put a hurtin on our share of those jugs, free of charge. We wont even bring a single R&R with us, just a couple of those tree pruner thingys. Sounds like more fun than fishing to me.

5. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    where is all these jugs at anyway? all the free floating drifting around? must be some good fishing there. anybody gonna give some lat/long?

don't be so selfish r&r guys.......... don't throw the rocks when the glass is all around you fellas too. pure jealousy of a bunch of good guys with a passion for the same thing.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Don't take this the wrong way or maybe you will. I don't know. You said you have a boat load of red necks with pruners to take care of the jug problem, I am wondering if and what you will do when some ole redneck floats upon you all cutting his lines and he pulls a gun out to take care of his so called problem. Being like that is not the way to care for the problem its only creating another to compound an already existing problem

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Im not sure but I believe where the 400 jugs exsist...is in your back ground if im not mistaken. Your avatar looks like old whitney with you standing about on the tracks. Anyway we all know folks will push the limit with anything. case in point here...look at these threads. Now you put six boats on badin any time with the current regulations ....well you got 400 jugs. The good news about this whole thing is most folks think 25 jugs is enough to catch what they need for supper but that doesnt mean they are using 25 currently. Anyway if your not standing at old whitney ...give it a shot. Work the channel ledges from the golf coarse to the dam. If you scatter them out nicely you can cover both channel ledges all the way up. Guarantee you a 40 plus pound blue if you take two boats along. That would give you a 140 jugs and if you fill the boat up with say 2-3 people on each. You can pretty much override the current regulations on slot limits. Dont worry about the game warden either...we havent seen him in several years. Good luck

8. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    "I am wondering if and what you will do when some ole redneck floats upon you all cutting his lines and he pulls a gun out to take care of his so called problem."

"Dont worry about the game warden either...we havent seen him in several years. Good luck"

Desperate times call for desperate measures !

Any how, Havn't received any PM's as of yet. Starting to look like nobody wants to fix this thing....... Or, just maybe, there's a few around there got what it takes to buck up and solve a problem, you know, take a little chance. Ain't no reason why a couple Redblooded American Boys clean on the other side of the state would trust us to help. Maybe they're out buying treepruners. My offer still stands !!

9. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Mac, I don't know if the jugging abusers are BOC members but I do know that the abusers watch this website for good fishing reports. When they see one, they hit that lake hard. That's a fact - not just an opinion. It's so bad that some people haven't posted good reports on certain lakes because they know those lakes will get hit hard by the juggers that week.

10. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    That is 100% true Breambaiter. Thats why I don't post fishing reports here any more. I got sick of seeing that BS.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

And some R&R folks don't post the same reports due to the same consequences. IF you want to call it that, consequences. The waters in NC are free to everyone at present, some might want to POLICE it. I don't have a problem with that if it's done in a respectful manner. I STILL say that not ALL juggers should be lumped into the category of no respect. AND, I STILL say that the juggers here on the BOC DO have some. It's EXACTLY like not being in control of YOURself at times, maybe y'all ARE. I'm NOT, but I'm a woman (I'm sure that makes reasonable sense to you fellers).

I DO think this topic deserves discussing, but to rehash the same crap over and over and OVER? What good does that do? GO TO the meetings. GO TO legislative forums which have some control. (And NO, I haven't been there.)

I consider ALL of you brothers. Siblings fight at times. I don't have to LIKE it.

12. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...I consider ALL of you brothers...."

and it looks like some inbreeding took place.....:smile2: :crazy: :tounge_out: