Whoa: Flathunter Finds Fish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, May 12, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After weeks of trying & almost selling his new boat & rod & reels, rumor has it that the lost sole, Flathunter caught fish today. The report was several channels & a couple of small flatheads. Another rumor stated that Ole Flattie was going back out hoping for more.

Someone needs to check in w/ Satan himself to see if Hell has frozen over.

Also someone please check w/ local hog farms in South East Ohio to see if the swine are a flyin'!

I'm pretty sure I see a rather large hefty chick standing on the corner of the street about to start singing!

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes, it shows that even the most novice of anglers can at times catch fish! :big_smile:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have never witnessed action as fast I had today, and with this huge low pressure system over Ohio I figured I would get skunked...Catfish were rolling everywhere, it was a magical moment for sure.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jack you should be out there tossing large live-baits up on any logs you can find.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    geeez!..........definately gettin out tomorrow after the CCW course! this Low should be with us for the next 2-3 days, its moving really slow!

6. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    he and aftercats must be sharing fishing secrets.:big_smile_2:

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    With this post we announce the beginning of this year's Flathunter - Mellon show...I mean fishing season!! LOL You guys are nuts!! But it is entertaining at least. LOL

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I heard Bryan had been there with the fish truck not long ago.:wink:

9. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    The fish are moving, huh. That would make sense, seeing how I went yesterday. :roll_eyes: I'm sure to go tomorrow, right when the bite is finishing up. I've had my mind on a new high water place i've been dying to try. Is the GMR really that high though?

10. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What are you talking about? I heard he was fishing IN the fish truck!:eek:oooh:

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I don't doubt that at all.:eek:oooh:

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Phil,

When I checked the website, looks like the GMR was only up 1.5 foot.

13. sliprig1

sliprig1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    H2O, I drove over both the Whitewater and GMR on Saturday. The GMR didn't look to bad, but the Whitewater was out of it's banks. Indiana must have had more rain than you did. That ruined the lower GMR for this weekend.
    Slip

14. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    You guys must be great friends, you sure keep the rest of us laughing. Sounds like you are lucky to have each other.

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The GMR uop here still doesnt look to bad.

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky

This tells me that he can catch fish if he leaves you at home, so you don't jinx him with the mellonhead curse, LOL!!!

17. sliprig1

sliprig1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mellon. the Whitewater flows into the GMR about 8-9 miles upstream from the Ohio. Upstream from there it looks ok. The Whitewater drains eastern Indiana, they got more rain than central Ohio. I bummed, another weekend ruined. I might have to break down and fish a lake:angry:

18. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I drove by the GMR today by West Carrollton and downtown Dayton. It didn't look bad at all. I really thought it would go up more with all the rain we've had. Did it rain up north much? Maybe it is still going up. :confused2:

19. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its really not that bad, ive fished worse. still up a little to put a boat out on it though, gonna bank-it tomorrow for a while...