Who would like to do a weekend at Juliette

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by r ward, Jul 20, 2009.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I was just wondering who would like to do a weekend of fishing and camping and such at Juliette say about mid Sept not a full blown Gathering just a day and night of fishing and camping and visiten

2. lugnutz

lugnutz New Member

State:
    Demorest Ga.
    I have been wanting to fish out there but I believe there is a motor restriction? I have a 40 ho but a good set of batteries and a 55 lb thrust troller,,would that work/ how big is the lake?

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    There is a 25 horse restriction I don't know the size of the lake but it is BIG and quiet that is why I like it:smile2:

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Is that the lake that cools scherer power plant?

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Thats the one down on 87 just outside of Macon

6. lugnutz

lugnutz New Member

State:
    Demorest Ga.
    Do you know if they have electric plug ins reasonably close. I had thought about taking my boat out there and i believe my batteries would hold out for a pretty good trip just slow going. I need a little kicker for small lakes like this.

7. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    YOU CAN HAVE THE BOAT WITH A 40 HORSE AS LONG IT CAN NOT BE STARTED( NO FUEL LINE ON BOARD) THERE ARE OUTLETS AT SOME OF THE CAMPING SITES SO I HAVE BEEN TOLD. I HAVE HEARD IT IS 3000 ACRES.

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    There is electricity at the campsites probley at the day use area also but I don't know

9. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    THER ARE SHOWERS AND RESTROOMS FOR CAMPERS, I BELIEVE ELE IS FOR OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY BUT DON'T QUOTE ME. NICE BOAT RAMP . I THINK THE GATES CLOSE AT 10:00 PM YOU HAVE TO BE OUT OR CAMP OVERNIGHT

10. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    been fishing on juliette 1/2 dozen times this year, very nice place to go.
    when they built the lake a strip of trees 1000 ft wide and 3.5 miles long left in the flood plain above the dam, when the water rose to about 400 ft elevation the trees were topped out and hauled out. At normal pool the water level is about 35 foot above the tree tops.
    the deepest part i found is about 85 foot deep, and there are about 8 submerged ponds all over.
    there is no charge to park at the holly grove end and boat ramp is good.
    3 bucks to park and launch at dames ferry. both have dual ramps, and wooden docks.
    If you go in at holly grove be shure to follow the channel markers GOOD , lots and lots of standing timber on upper end of lake.
    oh yeah most of the water is pumped in from the Ocmulgee.
    water visability is about 6 or 8 feet and lots of grass

11. lugnutz

lugnutz New Member

State:
    Demorest Ga.
    I think I could do it in my boat, I have had it out several times and used the troller pretty hard and has not failed me. I think if I had a destination planned and just fished that area I would be alright. plug it in overnight and good to go in the AM. 3000 acres is pretty big water to get stranded in !

12. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    if you stop at the store in juliette, they have lake maps, and if you like river fishing, go over to downtown juliette and you can go upriver a good ways, no motor restrictions but be careful it shallows in couple spots, best to launch and cruise to other side and run up that way.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  13. lugnutz

lugnutz New Member

State:
    Demorest Ga.
    Thanks Dallas. I have fished that part of the river in juliet a few times, though its been a while, had some pretty good fishing there at least for bass, never tried for cats there. I really wanted to try things on juliet though, I may get one of those maps. Any advice on some good areas to investigate?:roll_eyes:

14. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Next time I go I got to try Holly Point does anybody know of camping up in the area of Holly Point

15. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY CAMPING AREAS AT HOLLY POINT. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY AT HOLLY POINT. I AM GOING JUGGING FRIDAY NIGHT AT JULIETTE. I WILL TRY TO FIND OUT WHAT I CAN. GET BACK WITH YOU ALL SAT.

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Any info will be appreciated thanks

17. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Never fished that lake before, but it sounds good. Depending on the dates and my pocket book, I will keep it in mind. I have my Kayak now so I'd better not eat any wheaties that day or I might be over the power limit of the place :smile2:

pat

18. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    no pay to park at holly grove end, no campsites, dual ramp and dock.
    dam end 3 bucks to park don't know price of campsites (the only one on the lake)
    I will see if my wife can find out more about the campsite, she works for the chamber of commerce in monroe county, she let the chamber know we are talking about having an outing there. they are trying to boost tourism in the county, so maybe just maybe it could work out to benefit both groups.

19. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Sounds good thanks to you and your wife keep us posted

20. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    If we make this happen what would youall think of nameing it the Pee wee Williams memorial Gathering
    Or we could plan one for the Altamaha close to his home in memory of him

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009