Who works on Abu

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by shingman6, Aug 28, 2007.

1. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    Can anyone tell me If I get a older model Abu Garcia ,who works on them if I need one worked on? Are the parts available?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Steve, try here http://www.abugarcia.com you can email them your reel model number and serial number and they will send you a parts drawing for free. You can order any parts you need. An ABU baitcasting reel is pretty easy to take apart and replace parts. If you are not sure about doing it yourself they can hook you up with a repair center in your area. They have a great customer service dept. You can also call them and ask questions. They ship parts real fast. I have rebuilt several reels I have and some for my buddies. Also there is a step by step guide here at the BOC in the library for changing bearings and drag washers.

4. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    I thank you for the info.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I've agree, I get my parts from Abu.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
  7. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Southwestern Sales and Service in Dallas Texas is an Abu service center and they got all the parts you need. 605 W. Mockingbird Dallas, TX 75247
    Phone: 214--630-8161 Fax: 214-631-7634. The labor charge is $20.00 plus parts.

8. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    i work on all abu i have the best throwing abus in anderson sc and i have all kind of new abu's parts laying around to help people fix there abu's

9. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Mikes reel and repair has a forum that helps you work on your own gear....Hope this helps....Their outa Canada, but joining is worth the effort...Dwight