Who will get Dale Earnhardt Jr in '08?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, May 11, 2007.

Where will Jr go in '08

1. Richard Childress Racing

2. Joe Gibbs Racing

3. Hendrick Motorsports

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Although the Hendrick cars appear the strongest Chevy team out there, and Jr and Tony Stewart work well together on the restrictor plate races, I bet Jr signs with RCR.

2. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    I AGREE WITH WOLFMAN, RCR!
    ONCE BUD AND JACK TEAM UP TOGETHER, THE RACING WORLD WILL NEVER BE SOBER!!!
    LOL!!!

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I agree, I think they both would like that but if JR. is looking for part ownership in a team I don't see Richard giving up any of his company.

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    you did not list ginn racing. they have a car with a hendrick motor and need a full time driver in it. the 01 army car has been good and fast and that is what junior is looking for. remember junior drove a hendrick car and mark martin was bragging on the 5 car being so good last nite. look out earnhardt idiots (not the respectable ones) here come junior and jeff to your nearest gathering.

5. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I guess I will go with my vote but would it be funny if he went toyota or to Roush. :lol:

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think he has made it very clear that he wants to stay in a Chevrolet. That's not to say that money couldn't lure him away from Chevrolet,but I doubt that will happen.

7. hnterrcc1951

hnterrcc1951 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hendrix doesnt have room(4 car teams), gibbs doesnt like bud spon. that leaves rcr, no way he could drive for roush or pensky and he prefers chevy!

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Jr. has said he would only drive a Chevrolet, not that he would only drive the Bud car.

I think it will be Childress because. He says he dont want to have to move ever again. He wants to go somewhere for the remainder of his career. He also says that at some point later in his career he would like to command the 3 car.

From a fan standpoint there isnt but one place to go. Its RCR, with or without Budweiser as a sponsor and driving the 3 or 33.

Lets be realistic here. Budweiser isnt paving the way of oppertunity for Dale.
    I have no idea even what Budweiser's commitment to DEI is. I'm sure there is a clause or two to read.
    Dont look for Teresa to be letting anyone out of anything early because of oppertunity.

9. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    I voted for RCR...But I do believe that JR motosports is running Hendricks "leased" engines in there(busch, modified) cars. Then again if "ignorant" would realize what she is loosing he could still be part owner of DEI.... before the end of the year.
    Just my 2 cents worth....Need change back?

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Why did you not add Ginn to the list? :wink:

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    my mistake, i forgot to

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i hope he drives for michael waltrip racing.....not gonna happen.... :lol: see i can read your mind!.... what an idiot! lol

13. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    A lot of different scenario's could play out here. Supposedly Truex is leaving DEI with Jr. Most of Jr's crew is family and loyal to him. Bud's contract with DEI could very well contain a clause that includes Jr as a driver for their sponsership. WHAT IF Jr used his own company and he and Truex and the majority of their crews were to form a lets say partnership with either Hendrick or RCR therefore keeping control over their own careers but yet gaining access to the help needed to get to the top level quickly. I would say this would probably go over better with RCR but maybe the best for everyone involved. Childress would probably help just because he basically feels Jr is family. I have never been a SR OR JR fan but I have really gained a lot of respect for him over the last few years. Neat thing to mull over anyway! Long Live the memory of Davey Allison!

14. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Not that it matters now but had Davey's career not been cut so short, do you think Gordon would still have his 78 wins? I'm thinking not. Long live the memory of Alan Kuwicki too. The last of the owner/ operators of old school racing.

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If Jr. hauls that family off with him his move was for nothing.
    He needs to get away from that bunch,. Family is the problem.
    He needs a crew chief of the caliber capable of running for a championship.

16. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have never been an fan of Jr. or SR, either but I have always had respect for what they have both done for the sport. As far as Davey Allison, he was the greatest pure race car driver since Cale, Bobby, and the KING.

17. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    Perhaps you are right but there are always more ways than one to view things, Why would you imagine that both Dales Sr and Jr have the fan base that they have enjoyed, granted Sr is probably one of the best if not the very best driver that ever sat behind the wheel of a stock car and had the ability to take a 10th place car and finish top 5 or even win with it just in his ability but perhaps I think it was what he portrayed as who he was as a man that had a lot of influence with his popularity. Over the years when RCR had their spells of lagging performance how easy do you think it would have been to leave RCR FOR THE HOT TEAM OF THE TIMES? There would have been probably every owner out there drooling to get Sr in the seat of their car but Sr stayed where he was at to the end and I think a lot of people respected both him and RCR to actually show a loyalty to each other both in good times and bad. So perhaps Jr feels that same sort of loyalty with the people that have really stuck by him winning or not and it just happens most of them are family. Granted the last couple of years have not been so great for Jr but actually I think that most of his crew is still the same as when his dad ran the show and performance was much more consistant. So maybe DEI has fallen behind with set-up and current technology and a partnership with the right team could alleviate that problem anhd make the cars better and more competetive and give the team a better package to work on and adjust throughout the race. But basically Jr could be doing more than changing teams or bettering his chance to quickly win a championship, he could be defining who he is and what he stands for and I bet that whether he wins or loses races to start with that how he goes about accomplishing his goals will affect his fan base and showing that you are loyal to those that helped get you where you are will carry a lot of weight to creating unconditional fan loyalty, heck if this played out right I may even become a Jr fan and that is scary! One last comment is remember Jr has been treated just as a driver with DEI and had no input on the direction the team has gone and with his own company he can make decisions that can very well help decide how competetive his cars will be in the future by the personel he puts in key roles with the team,heck I think that is the main thing he wanted but could not get at DEI! Maybe he will choose to not be just a greedy me man as so much of this country has become in so many areas but show some good old fashion loyalty in the process and I guarantee if that is the route he chooses that after he wins his championships that they will mean a lot more to him as a result!

18. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I will post more latter but I talked to my connection at DEI today to see how things were going. Al I can say right now is we are putting too much thought into this. It is way more simple and childish than you think. Ill update you with the gossip latter.

19. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Rumors has it Jr will sign with Waltrip...Reason being he would like to have Sundays off!
    :big_smile_2:

20. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...he would like to have Sundays off!..."

Now that is funny!!!

At least Michael has one pole this season; Jr. has none.

What pole you ask? The one he wrapped his Toyota around!! :big_smile: