Who watches/watched star trek?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Dec 16, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've been watching star trek next generation on dvd and I have been lovin it. just started tng season 7 and DS9 season 1. I know there are some of you who did or do watch it, it's a great show. after DS9 I will be watching voyager.

borg.jpg

--

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    O.K. I'll be honest...I am a former trekkie. I used to watch it anyway. Mostly becuase Jeri Ryan (7of9) has the biggest "fan base" I've ever seen. I quit watching it because it became too politically correct for me, plus chicks don't dig it, and I sobered up. Good show though.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I was hooked from the first one, many moons ago. Have you seen the first ones? I saw they have them on DVD now. Kirk, Spock, Doc, Scotty. Took me a while to adjust to the follow ups but did and loved every one of them. If we aren't careful we will be assimilated with the hardware of the borg soon enough. Just look at the cell phones, puters, etc. Some people already think they're cell phones are a part of their body. :big_smile:

Did you ever watch Farscape? Now that is a good space show. I have the entire series on DVD.

Another favorite of mine, although not sci fi, was La Femme Nikita. Did you ever see it? One of the best anti terrorist shows that was ahead of the times, came out of Australia, I believe.

Take care little bro,
    Cheryl

4. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I watched a couple of the old movies w/ Kirk, Spock & the others. not too bad. I haven't heard of the other two you mentioned, to be honest I don't watch shows or movies a whole lot.

gotta agree on the cell phone and computer part, I dont think I could live without them.:big_smile:

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have watched every star trek show that has ever been shown. From the very first one in the old days to the voyager. Back in its day star trek with all the oldies on board was a good top of the shelf sci-fi show.

Yes Cheryl I use to watch La Femme Nikita to and thought it was a good one also.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Captain, the dilithium crystals are dwindling. Warp factor 5 Scotty!:big_smile:

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Voyager is the only one I never really got to watch much. I think that was about the time I got this dang computer at the house. :crazy: But what I did see was good. I've seen all the movies, too. Read alot of the biographies, too.

You are right Willard about back in the day..........I think it was the first sci fi series I remember watching. We used to watch shock theatre as kids or the movies that were sci fi. And it was good for being the first one out there.

If I love a show, they take it off the air, just like with La Femme Nikita.....I saw Peta in the Superman Returns movie. First time I have seen her in a while. I think the reruns come on but not sure what time of day. I bet she is a huge star in Australia. She's one of the prettiest blondes actresses today.

Take care.
    Cheryl

8. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I watch them all. All ways have and all ways will.

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Star Trek with Kirk and Picard, DS9, Farscape and Red Wharf. Never got to see LeFemme on tv. Don't forget the Battlestar Galatica series.