Who wants to fish?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Feb 28, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Gents,

Who wants to take part in what is bound to be a cluster of events tomorrow? Nessie and Pearl are AWOL and I have a kitchen pass.

7:30 at cb??

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dam. I'm in New York, but heading home tomorrow, and I'm betting you mean AM dont ya? :confused2:

3. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    A.M. indeed.

That would be convenient for ya'. What time does your flight get in?

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm on reserve tomorrow from 6am till 6pm. I've been known to buck the system a bit though :smile2: I'll try and call if I get out of here at a decent hour. Dont hold out for me though. I know how to find a catfish rig when I need to :wink:

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Mizzou has a pretty big game with Kansas today. Or I would love to witness team nuroll firsthand. :smile2::smile2:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    7:30 AM sounds great! What month are we talkin?:eek:oooh:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Oh, you meant today! Oh, man, I sure wish I could, but as you see, it's already 6:55 AM an I couldn't possibly get there in time. Damn, an I so wanted to go out on the water this AM in this 24 degree. Quite pleasant out there with no wind or snow this morning. Got in at midnight last night from a wedding reception an overslept this morning so I didn't know about this great opportunity to get out there.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Someone is wussin out :crazy::smile2: Just remember, those lumps on the back of your noggin are from your wife bashin you in the head with an empty skillet that has NO CATFISH FILETS. :wink:

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yeah, I noticed it didn't take you long to back out of going.:wink:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm a thousand miles East. I'd like to go experience a Nutroll live and in person.:smile2: I aint skeered of a lil cold snap :roll_eyes::smile2:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, always one excuse or another.:wink:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I thought you could use a reminder. :smile2:

Nasty stare!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting there watching the news last night when my wife brought a plate to me with my supper on it, cornmeal fried catfish with fries. Then I noticed the stare!!! She just stood there glaring at me. After 36 years, I knew I was in for a tongue lashing, but dang if I had any idea what I had done. Finally, she said "Hope you enjoy it, it's the last catfish we got in the freezer!"
    Ouch!
    She could care less it is still winter, boat is still stored away or that it is raining out.
    OK, looks like I gotta get the deer hunting insulated outfits out an get the boat ready.
    The things we go through to keep peace in the family.

Kutter
    BOC member since August 1999
    Gateway Cats
    Tagalong Groupie
    CPR over 10lb

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    What's with all that trivial dribble?:crazy:

14. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I'll admit that I'd love to go out and fish with Greg.....I'm even off work today and could of went, but when I read this last night I thought about it for about 30 seconds before that little voice in the back of my head said "ARE YOU CRAZY! IT"S FREAKIN" COLD OUT THERE!"

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thanks Mike. I could never have put it so eloquently.

16. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    You guys just keep sittin on the couch watchin the world go by. Oh and takin them whacks on the back of the head cause you aint got no fish to eat. Wont be long you have to buy a new frying pan too. May as well get on out there and get some fish.:cool2::smile2:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yeah, but you wouldnt have taken 30 Seconds to think it over Tom. :smile2:

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    As stated from the sanctity of his couch under a blanket LMAO :smile2:

19. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Wait now, I stayed home to watch Mizzou play. There is a huge difference. I dont think twice about going to the river on a day like this. If I had Old Jers yaght I could watch the game and fish too. But alas he has no rod holders. YET

20. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    It's 13 here today - you couldn't pay me to get out on that river:smile2: Well, maybe, if somebody else would drive the boat and cast my lines and I could stay huddled on the deck under a sleeping bag hugging a space heater:smile2: Hey Bob you could always take a radio with you and listen to the game - or Greg might have a radio on the boat:wink: