Who uses GPS

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by JEFFRO67, Jul 31, 2007.

1. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I`m interested in knowing how many of you use GPS to mark your fishing hotspots holes brushpiles etc? I use a garmin gpsmap 60csx and works great for me to remember my spots. i guess i`m getting halftimers disease and i`m not quite 40 yet. hmmmm i wonder if my partying days of the past may contribute to my memory loss lol.
    :eek:oooh:

2. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    OOPS posted that in the wrong spot sorry

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    What memory loss? LOL

4. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Hey J.C. i see it says take a kid fishin on your profile. I was wondering if i still qualify as a kid? I`D sure like you to put me on a few big cats like you have on your avatar.
    :big_smile:

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Jeff,
    I definitely use mine.
    It doesn't matter if you have halftimers or not; at night on the river without a moon that GPS can be the only way to get you to that hole you may have found the previous day...W

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    GPS is one of those things that I didn't know much about until this year. Now I wouldn't own a sonar unit without one. Best invention to come along since sliced bread.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I hope to use mine when Garmin gets it straightened out for me...

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I probably now use the GPS more than the sonar.

9. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I don't have one.

10. gillage

gillage New Member

State:
    Illinois
    When I'm not bank fishing, I use the GPS all the time.
    It's like using a flasher for ice fishing.
    Once you start using it, it is hard to fish with out it.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It sure beats that Compass and Sextant I learned to use in the Navy.Also beats the old "Loran" and RDF's (Radio Direction Finder) we had,though now "eLoran" seems to be the thing of the future as they are installing it in Europe and the USA.GPS's are far cheaper now!I have a early Garmin & later a Lowrance with IMS (Inland Mapping Service).They are both outdated but still working well as is my 45 year old brass Compass I used to navigate to SC. & Ga.'s Artificial reefs,wrecks and Live bottoms.They are great,but never bet your life on them.I have had going and coming paths on 2 lane roads vary as much as 100+ yards at times.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

12. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It sure beats that Compass and Sextant I learned to use in the Navy.Also beats the old "Loran" and RDF's (Radio Direction Finder) we had,though now "eLoran" seems to be the thing of the future as they are installing it in Europe and the USA.GPS's are far cheaper now!I have a early Garmin & later a Lowrance with IMS (Inland Mapping Service).They are both outdated but still working well as is my 45 year old brass Compass I used to navigate to SC. & Ga.'s Artificial reefs,wrecks and Live bottoms.They are great,but never bet your life on them.I have had going and coming paths on 2 lane roads vary as much as 100+ yards at times.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

13. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I was not allowed to post twice,but was allowed the third attempt which posted it twice.My puter does not control the BOC's puter.I then review/canceled the second post 3 times.I don;t know what happened.I don;t think that it is good enough to be posted twice.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

14. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Thanks for your input guys

15. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use a Eagle, and depend on it quite a bit. We got fogged in on the lake late one night and the GPS brought us back in, right on the ramp. Of course there was another night when it wouldn't pick up the third satelite and ended up fishing until the sun came up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

16. wormduck

wormduck New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i wouldnt have a sonar with out on. i have a lowrance