Who uses a fishing vest??

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by katfish ken, Jan 3, 2010.

1. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I have a camo vest that I wear fishing a lot of times. It is quiet warm and no sleeves makes it less constricting than a jacket when casting and moving around in general.It has 2 large square pockets that are great for storing hooks sinkers and other gear.. , What is your thoughts, and have you ever wore a vest fishing???

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Ken i got my old trout fishing vest that i still use i love it hands free and all my crap is on me works great

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use an old turkey hunting vest on the creek. It has lots of room for things and a built in seat.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I have a small fanny pack that I use for bulky items like scales and such in conjunction to the vest and they make a great combo for the trip on foot along the river bank.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a vest that I have used when I go pond hopping. Its light and holds plenty of tackle. It keeps the hands free. Works great. My vest seems to be getting smaller, Its hard to zip up anymore.:wink:

6. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I seem to be having that same problem! I don't think they make material as good as they used to.:embarassed::big_smile:

7. Dutch

Dutch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I wear a carpenters work vest, it has 4 hanging pockets 2 in the front and 2 in rear (for nails and screws) and a hammer loops on the sides. In the front I keep my pliers and knife and the rear my gloves and odds and ends and in the hammer loop is where my towel hangs (you can kinda see it in my pic)

8. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I use a carhartt vest, like the others said free movement, and able to store stuff in pockets.

9. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    I have several that I use, most are for fly fishing with smaller pockets for fly boxes and such but one is camo that I have had for almost 30 years and is still in great shape. It was made for bass fishing and it has big pockets on the inside that hold large boxes and the outside pockets hold 8in boxes. They work great, but I find that I carry a tackle bag more for catfishing, it seems I just carry too much stuff.

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I love the freedom of movement they give but yet they give you a good bit of warmth on a chilly morning/ evening on the water.
    There are some great ideas coming to light here like the carpenters vest. I like that.

11. Chiefox

Chiefox New Member

State:
    Blackwell, OK
    I noticed you guys use vest for fishing and one of the fanny pack. But what about backpack? Do you guy have a backpack for fishing when walking around the lake without using vehicle transport?

12. AbnormalSpring

AbnormalSpring New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have a vest that I used to use alot but since I got the boat I use my box more.

13. CatBassin'

CatBassin' Well-Known Member

State:
    Harmony, NC
    Name:
    Garrett
    I've worn a trout vest once and really didn't like so now I wear a fanny pack and a neck lanyard but that's only when I'm trout fishing in the mountains. The only other vest I've worn is my Carhartt vest in cold weather. There's nothing special about it, just a work vest, but it gives me more mobility.

14. WIcatter

WIcatter Well-Known Member

State:
    Plainfield, Wis
    Name:
    Mark
    Using a vest crossed my mind before, but, being of a larger 'stature', its hard to find one big enough. I use a backpack with several pockets.