Who turned the bites off????

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by kyleco55, Jul 22, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    went out tonight for a little bit ( 11pm till 4am) only caught 1 little bluegill.. i spent alot of the time i was out tonight targeting baitfish for this coming weekend.. i was using beemoth and crawlers in a few different spots that i KNOW hold ALOT of bluegill and creek chubs.. nothing.. had 2 poles out for the kitties, baited them with cut gill, liver, shrimp, crawlers.. tried everything.. just could NOT get a bite tonight... :angry::embarassed::angry:

ON ANOTHER NOTE

First place i stopped by was a retension pond behind a friends house.. saw something interesting.. when we shined the spotlight on the water, there were a bunch of 5-6 inch goldfish out there.. He said he has lived there a while, and doesnt know of the home owners association stocking any kind of fish in there, so how did they get there? i would think a neighbor dropped them in if i had only seen a handful, but there was lots n lots (50-100 in a 1/2 acre retention pond).. this is a CP morgan addition, and ive never seen them in any other ponds from this builder

wonder how many people would get mad in if a few dozen got hung up in my cast net while im catching bait?? lol:smile2:

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds like bait to me!!!!!:smile2:

3. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Dont worry Kyle this weekend should be some good fishing. We will have fun anyway. I think chris is planning on getting some bait this week as we are too. See ya soon.

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Ask for permission first!

5. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Where are ya'll fishing this weekend?

6. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    were going to the ohio river in madison,in Jim... check out the mini get together thread in the rivers section brother! im not sure who all is going, you might find a seat in a boat if you hurry...

7. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    who would you ask if its in a housing develpoment david? the pond is right behind my buddys house, so i do have permission to fish it..

8. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Ah, ya'll should have a good time fishing the Ohio I would imagine, and probably catch some big fish...

Have fun, and be safe!

9. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry to see your having the same old luck.LOL On a more serious note maybe birds dropped the goldfish in there. See you saturday.

10. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dude, I just checked. I must've bumped the switch when I went down to the basement yesterday...sorry man! I'll flip it back on for the weekend...won't happen again :wink:

11. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Whew glad we got that taken care of before the big trip! Thanks Fishgeek!

12. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey fishgeek, do me a favor. Please leave that fish switch on for this weekend for our mini gathering at Madison. It if works then maybe we can take a donation to keep the power on all the time. So far the fishy song and dance hasn't worked. Nor has indians praying to the fish gods. You might have just found what we all have been looking for in centuries. Who would have thought it was in your basement the entire time.:smile2:

13. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    So it's your fault! Brecken and I spent more than 20hrs on the river the last few nights and only caught only 2 dinky flatheads. Your killing me Matt. Do you have a rain switch in that basement you could flip also.

14. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry man...I don't have that one.

15. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh, BTW....the bite switch is on for the weekend! Have a great one guys!!!

16. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well????? How did everyone do this weekend?

17. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    run downstairs and check that switch again! the rain switch was definately on friday night.. but the bite switch...... i think its in the neutral position.. bites were here and there.. nothing big from us, pat caught a monster before the rest of us got there friday.. maybe he flipped the switch on his way out!