Who to direct complaints/comments to?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Eudora, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hi guys:

I hope everyone's summer has been going well. Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend the fast-approaching ODNR breakfast that some of you are going to. I was wondering in general: Who could I write a letter/letters to in the ODNR or state departments to voice my concerns about flatheads and catfishing in general? The atrocities committed on the Maumee River this summer have left me with a bad taste in my mouth and a serious bone to pick about the plight of our beloved flathead. The overall indifference of the local ODNR was even more infuriating, and I'd really like to make sure I'm not taking this crap lying down. It might not get me/us anywhere in the long run, but I'd really like to keep beating down the door until things change. Any help as who to whom to direct my correspondence to would be greatly appreciated. Good luck at the breakfast! I'll be with you all in spirit.

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    You could possible write up a letter and maybe send it someone you know that is going . Make copies of it and send it to ever state official you can .

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    The Maumee River is in Wildlife District #2 .... Go to the DNR Division of Wildlife sight online look up the address email or otherwise and direct your letter to the either the Law Enforcement Supervisor or the District Manager. Relate the problems you had or saw. Give as many details and facts as possible ... don't use assumptions. Tell them of your concerns and give them a way to contact you back. SOmetimes takes several days or a week to respond.

Garry-

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'm wishing you luck Andy

5. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    nuthin personal but you're a michigander right? just sayin.............

6. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    He may be, but if he fishes in the Ohio rivers, then he must have a Ohio license. Being the case, he should be able to get involved. His opinions matter as much as anyone else that fish the same waters.:big_smile:

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What! are you a Wolverine fan or something? :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    No, I'm not a wolverine fan. I considered the fact that I'm not an Ohio resident, but over the last five years, I've shelled out $200 for my non-resident licenses, so I thought my voice should be heard. The rivers I fish in Ohio get the same respect and conservation that I practice on any river I fish in Michigan. Besides that, I spend more time fishing in Ohio than I do in my home state. This accounts for a fair amount of money that I spend in their local economies.

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Andy, that crack was directed toward Colsrob, his being from the Buckeyes home and sticking up for a Michigander this close to football season. just say'n lol :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Don't worry Jack, I knew you were only joking around.