Who Started This Christmas Stuff?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Dec 6, 2008.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    This is a good reminder.

A woman was out Christmas shopping with her two children. After many hours of looking at row after row of toys and everything else imaginable; and after hours of hearing both her children asking for everything they saw on those many shelves, she finally made it to the elevator with her two kids.

She was feeling what so many of us feel during the holiday season time of the year - overwhelming pressure to go to every party, every housewarming, taste all the holiday food and treats, getting that perfect gift for every single person on our shopping list, making sure we don't forget anyone on our card list, and the pressure of making sure we respond to everyone who sent us a card.

Finally the elevator doors opened, and there was already a crowd in the car. She pushed her way into the car and dragged her two kids in with her and all the bags of stuff. When the doors closed, she couldn't take it anymore and she stated, "Whoever started this whole Christmas thing should be found, strung up and shot."

From the back of the car, everyone heard a quiet, calm voice respond, "Don't worry, we already crucified Him."

For the rest of the trip down in the elevator, it was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. This year, don't forget to keep "the One who started this whole Christmas thing" in your every thought, deed, purchase and words. If we all did it, just think of how different this whole world would be.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Most get caught up in the moment and miss it.Reps to ya Dayton, good stuff bro.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great post Dayton. I agree. It should be all about Him. Reps.

4. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    I totally agree! Too many people are trying to take Christ out of Christmas.

don3778

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I agree with everyone Christmas has been blowen plumb outta whack.Need to remember the real reason for the day.Jesus Birthday.
    Reps to ya Dalton for a very good post and eye opener.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sorry Bro but they are saying I have to spread it around a bit more so guess I'll have to owe You one..

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    We do need to remember the reason for the season

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That`s one thing I hate about Christmas , " COMMERCIALIZATION" !!!
    My children know what the true meaning is.

9. 10IbsBass

10IbsBass New Member

State:
    AL
    I'd give you reps, but it says i have to spread it around...Sorry...

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I tried to rep you but I guess I'll just do it here. Merry Christmas old friend. I have no gift to give you other than the gift of friendship. I wish you all the best.

11. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Thanks Dayton, I needed that.
    :wink:

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good reminder of what Christmas is about. Thanks for the post.
    Dont forget the reason for the season.

I will teach that to my Grandkids and enjoy our time with them this year.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I know there will be many threads on Christmas.
    I wont post in all of them so I wanted to say it here in this thread, to all members.

I wish everyone a Safe and fun, Merry Christmas and a Happy New year from my family to yours, too all members.

The greatest gift is your family and health.

God Bless all.

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    thank you dayton i emailed that to my preacher.i thought it would be a good story for sunday school.
    merry xmas and happy newyear one and all.