Who should be next for GSP?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    If you had a choice, who would you like to see GSP fight next from the welterweight division?

While I would love to see BJ Penn get another shot, I would prefer to see him stay in the 155 division and fight the talent there.

GSP however, should take on Thiago Alves next (in my opinion).

2. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Next shot should be alves, then I say either penn or anderson silva. I dont see gsp having any kind of problem with alves.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    He is in a position to fight the next in line. Alves would be a good fight, but is he next?

4. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    After beating Matt Hughes the way he did, I would say that Alves should get a shot at GSP.

5. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I disagree with all you penn fans he does not deserve a shot at GSP in the future period...I do think that spyder should walk the walk with him in the near future though...

6. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Did you get a chance to see their first fight? BJ was owning him GSP until he gassed out. When Penn goes up in weight, he tends to lose his conditioning which is why I think that he should stay 155.

7. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    LOL I JUST YOUTUBED IT TO CONFIRM MY RESPONSE LOL Yes but conditioning is 75% of the battle I dont believe its him cramming food down the pipe and blowing up in weight class that makes him lack as its just plain and simple he is not a welterweight I will give it to you pound for pound he is deadly but at 155 period

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How is Silva supposed to fight GSP? He's supposed to go from 185 to 205, then to 170??? Reality check!

Alvez should get the next shot.

9. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    true but notice my post in the "near future" thus meaning not "right away"... he would take time to do the proper preparation and fight GSP if its not by early next year to mid there will be too many losses and or changes in the faces of UFC it will never happen.....IMO

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    If the UFC were able to do the tourneys like PRIDE used to, that fight would happen sooner than later. Also, I think that due to the politics of business in the UFC, it would be more lucrative to keep them in their respective weight divisions unless GSP decides to move up to meet Silva.
    There have been talks for a while of Anderson Silva fighting Wanderlei Silva, so it would be completely the opposite of they want if he were to go down in weight to fight.

11. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Now, GSP moving up in weight is more realistic, but he would not be defending his middleweight title, but challenging the light heavyweight title. That would be cool! I don't see that happening though. Way too risky for GSP. I think he would get whooped. :smile2: The Wanderlei fight would be killer too!

12. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    gsp is the welterweight champ. he would be moving to 185 ( middleweight) for anderson silva. forrest is the lightheavy

13. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    GSP VS ANDERSON WOULD BE THE IDEAL FIGHT

14. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I thought he was the heavy? Isnt rampage heavy?

15. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    rampage was the light heavy weight champ till old Forrest shocked the world

16. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    oh ok thanks I thought so is heavy 225#?

17. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well now that things are shaping up for GSP vs. BJ Penn...Im wondering if BJ will show up in shape? When ever he moves up to welterweight he looks out of shape cardio wise...if that's the case, it could be an easy night for GSP. Im pulling for BJ to win it though.

18. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I think it will be GSP all the way. I think BJ will show up with man boobs, and he will gas in the second round if it lasts that long. I just watched the rerun of Hughes pounding him out. I loved the helpless look on his face when he was eating Matt's punches. :smile2: Hughes was lucky to survive the first round, but endurance prevailed. To survive GSP, he better show up able to bring it for 5 rounds if need be, and at a fevered pace. I just don't see it happnin'. I don't know if BJ's striking skills have improved or not, but I hope so for his sake, or GSP will tear him apart imo. BJJ is great...if ya got some good muay thai to go with it.