Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1 and 2 oz no-roll sinkers I get from my local sporting goods store have nasty holes that can’t be good for my fishing line. Where can I get good lead sinkers with clean entrance and exit holes for the fishing line?

Hand Finger Snout Thumb Rock

·
Registered
387 Posts
These are sold out, but it’s a really good solution.

They are no rolls with an insert to protect your main line

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Got me to thinking of a solution, going to see if a countersink bit cleans up the hole a little on both ends. Going to try inserting a WD40 tube in the hole then heating a nail with a propane torch to flair the ends.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've been pouring some with a brass tube inside, expensive but it works. For the most part lead is soft, so I would just stick the tip of a knife in the end and kind of "de-bur" the mouth. Use a bead on the bottom side of your weight, above your swivel, and it will be rounded off. I dont like to use bumpers on sliding weights because they never round off the end of your sinker and leave the sharp parts, bumpers all the way on sinker slide snaps though.

·
Registered
638 Posts
EZ! Just get screw eye's and epoxy them in the hole! Works great for me. Then again if you just want the line going through the sinker, epoxy a drill bit a bit larger than the hole into a 1" dowel and clean up the hole with it. I did just that to clean up the flash hole inside rifle case's and it works great!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Get a countersink tool from Harbor Freight for a couple of dollars and chamfer the openings and then run a drill through it by hand to round off the tube. Lead is soft so you can do all of this with the countersink and drill heald in a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
Bill, in OkC
656 Posts
The 1 and 2 oz no-roll sinkers I get from my local sporting goods store have nasty holes that can’t be good for my fishing line. Where can I get good lead sinkers with clean entrance and exit holes for the fishing line?
Catfish Sumo on Amazon. Theirs have a plastic insert to help protect your line from abrasion.
I bought some 4 oz weights that look just like the one in your photo.
The same weights SpecialK posted. I bought mine about a month ago, so I guess they’re in stock again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just take a pin punch and run it in. When it is through the taper on the punch where the pin ends flares it a little and rounds the edges out. I keep one in my tackle box for that. A bunch of sinkers bumping around in my tackle box tends to make this needed after a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts