Who says we can only have one gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by bigbearfireman, Apr 4, 2006.

1. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    I again stated in another post, who says we have to have only one gathering, for those of us that don't live very close to eldorado res.may not get the chance to come because of gas prices being $ 2.49 right know:mad: and i don't really see them going down anytime soon. Some might have to work on the weekends and never get the chance to meet the fellow members of the boc. If we had one on like a fri thru sunday a mini gathering at diffrent lakes thus giving everyone the equal oppurtunity to come to a gathering. :) We should have a mini gathering for North east kansas. We have Clinton, perry, hillsdale and pomona. Boc -1.We should vote on which lake we would like to have this gathering. Boc-2 When should we have the gathering april, may, june , july, august, etc. 3 Vote for 2 lakes and 2 months with a date you would like to hold the gathering at the two lakes. The one with most votes wins. Two votes per any boc member in boc-1 and boc-2 . :) Just post your two votes and i'll keep a tally. Example. vote clinton, perry in the month of june and july on the 3 rd weekend of the month.:) Lets have fun

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Like I said in an earlier post............jump all over putting a gathering together yourself. No one on here has EVER said there was only going to be 1 gathering, hell we didn't even call it a gathering last year............it was a campout. You get it all figured out and I'll show up if I can, but I have no desire to play ramrod.........been there done that and won't do it again!! It sounds to me like the boy's(and girls) are set to have a get together at ElDorado, wish them well!! If you can't or won't make it for some reason, then step up to the plate and put one together that will work for you.

So when you haveing it, where you haveing it, what campground are we staying in, how much to camp, can we have our boats in the lake at the campsite, are we having a group feed or is it fend for yourself?

3. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well I think Hillsdale is closest to me, and I believe that April would probably be best for the prespawn flatheads, if I am not mistaken. So those would be my votes.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Are we gonna have a BOC banner? :) (Inside joke, you had to be there)

Seriously, I would come to a mini gathering at any of those lakes.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Yea if you want to meet som boc members just post "hey I'm going fishing this weekend at hillsdale (or pomona... ) all who wanna come meet me at the spillway. If you post it they will come lol. Yea I probally would make an apearance time permited. I'll try to post a few times when I go fishing & see if anyone wants to meet up.

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Patrick, I'm sorry if I came across too negative, the title of the thread rubbed me wrong. No one has ever tried to make any rules on here concerning where, when or how "gatherings" are done. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way and I apologize for being an ass.

7. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I think you said it correctly the first time Charlie. I don't recall anyone ever saying anything about not wanting to go anywhere else and I don't think any of us even referred to the weekend at ElDorado as a gathering. Its just some friends getting together to camp and fish. Anyone is welcome to come or not come. No formalities or rules. (or banners Gary lol) In fact several of the ones who were there last year can't make it this time around; Charlie, for example.
    Its a long summer and there should be plenty of opportunities for those of us who have the desire, to get together with our friends to fish and camp. I know one thing for sure. The first place I'm going when I finally find my boat is to the Kaw with Charlile!

8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Whether you have a boat or not your always welcome up this way Calvin. You better keep on saving for it, the used market looks pretty bleak around here(may have to by new).

9. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    Charlie i was not trying to come off negative or mad about any gathering. I was just throwing out a thread for everyone to post on that could get some intrest in getting another meet and greet together. I would love to make it to eldorado to meet everyone. I will try my hardest to get to go down there. What spurred me to start this thread was a fellow boc member asked about starting up a meet and greet and another member. more less told him about eldorado and that he was behind the curve on the matter. NO names i don't play that way. I respect your forwardness and being straight up brother. no harm at all. :) My main goal was to have everyone talk about were they would like to have another meet and greet and have some fun. around their area.

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Calvin, post again just what you're looking for in your "Trotline Boat". I've a friend you owns one of the two local boat places, I'll go look, see what I can do. Include the details, motor, oars, trolling motor, etc. By the way, I've still got my last trolling motor I had on the Toon, Minnkota with the 18ft cord on the pedal.

11. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    A camp out, gathering, meeting, fishing trip or we just happened to be at the same lake on the same day(lol) sounds good to me. It would be great to meet some of you guys!

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    A Hillsdale or Perry gathering of some sorts in May would be great, so all the northeastern Kansas fellas can meet up. :)

13. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    I do not know whether I can make El Dorado or not But I would give it a try. Would also try to make it anywhere else you want to make it. Also would like to see a get together at Milford lake some time. I haven`t been to Milford for a long time. But surley it hase`nt changed. I used to fish it years ago when I lived in Yates Center. Fellows just name the place & when & I will do my best to be there. I should be fully recuperated by then, I just got out of the hospital this morning am having a little trouble with my ole ticker, But I just to stubern to give up fishing. But when I die I want a fishing rod in my casket to use it the here after.

14. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Jim, I'm looking for an aluminum jon boat at least 16-18 feet long and at least 6' wide. I want a welded one, not a rivited one. I don't have to have a motor because I can get by with my 10 horse until I can afford a new four stroke like Charlies. I want a boat that I can take back into the timber and set my lines and run them a lot easier than I can with the big pontoon. I love my pontoon but it sucks for trotlining. I also want to use it for duck and goose hunting. So I want it to be large enough for two or maybe even three guys and a dog to cross the lake at 4 AM on a windy, snowy day in December without fear. I want it welded because I am hard on equipment. When I lay down in the bottom of the boat to hunt or sleep I don't want the damned boat to be leaking cold water down my back.
    If I can find a used rig I'll be tickled to death. If I can't I'll buy a new one. I have at most three years before I become a full time fisherman. hunter and trapper. I plan to be prepared to be doing something on or near the water 365 days a year. I appreciate your kind offer to help me find one.

15. Phlogus

Phlogus New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hello everyone. Spring is here and I wanted to get on the new board and start posting. I am glad to see some familiar faces. I am working out of Topeka for at least the next year. When is everone getting together at Eldorado? I put new line on my poles this weekend. Hope to see some of you all out on the lakes and rivers.

16. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, that'd be great to meet up with you again at El Dorado, me and Lydia plan on being there. We won't be camping, we'll be staying at the Blue Spruce in town, not to far from where the gang will be camped. It's just an informal get together. The motel is really a nice place, affordable, and the Lady that runs it is just great. If you plan on coming, give me a holler and I'll send you the phone number if you'll be staying in a motel and not camping.
    Go to the "Gatherings" page and the Kansas gathering thread, all the info is there.

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Calvin, I'll be heading to town tomorrow and stop by my friends place and see what he has to offer. I see if he has any jon's that come close to what you want and let you know, sorry for the delayed reply, been fishing, ain't been to town,lol.

18. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    No problem Jim. I don't have to be in a big hurry. The way the wind has been blowing lately you'd need to have a U S Navy battle ship just to stay on the water anyway. I'm going to go out to ther lake this weekend but with the forecast for wind may not be able to get on the lake.

19. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    man thats sounds cool a campout or some sort it would be the s@#tlets do it